Originally Posted by Bob Denman
I wonder how they're liking the new rig?
Well, we did the shakedown run Saturday 4-27-19 at Monte Sano State Park (elevation 1648) in Huntsville, AL. We reserved the last spot the Tuesday before. The drive up the mountain was unnerving for DW due to the narrow lanes, curves busy steering. The V-10 did okay pulling the big hill with no overheating but taking it easy. Only 650 miles on her.
Otherwise we had a great experience. Much easier to park than the previous 5th 12,000 lb. wheel. Although the 2014 RAM 2500 Cummins drove easier, more power and more precise steering / handling. Parts are here for a hopeful fix and doing the CHF this week.
Up to page 87 on Jerry's Mod thread. You guys are costing me a lot of money so far.
The shakedown list:
Found a leak in the bathroom sink drain, Hand tightened the bottom to stop the leak.
1. The Axerra AVM-70 quit working on 12V but works on shore power?
2. Strange whirring sound from under dash when cranking the engine. Assume it's the LCS system making sure the feet are up?
3. Top left rear tail light works intermittently. Can hit on it for on / off.
4. Speakers over the couch are physically damaged and rattle. Both speaker cones are torn by some moron during installation.
5. Top two USB ports in charging station in bedroom do not work. Bottom two work.
6. Yellow side marker on right above rear tire out.
7. Crazy low gear downshift going down the mountain. Had to shift to neutral to lower engine speed or go 10 MPH.
8. No remote control for crappy Axerra AVM-70.
9. Shelves in bathroom are a rollercoaster ride. Not flat at all.
Thank you all for the great threads. I already feel at home!