Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-25-2021, 01:30 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni SV34
State: Florida
THOR #19602
NEW OMNI SV34 coming soon!

We bought a new Thor Delano in 2020, and have taken numerous trips but really hated the murphy bed. We are both short and needed step stools to get up, as well there is not a lot of room around the bed. So on a whim we looked at Super C, and found a new Omni coming to our dealer. We test drove the Magnitude and really liked it - so signed the papers for the Omni yesterday.

I've been scouring this forum for known problems and keeping a list for our PDI. And a huge thank you to all for all the advice and recommendations we've read about so far!

We know there will be issues, just hope they are not significant - we can't wait to take our new MH on its maiden voyage.

Old 07-25-2021, 02:02 PM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Congrats and good luck. Run that slide in and out until it breaks and then walk away until the dealer fixes it. Negotiate a spare slide motor as part of the deal.
Old 07-25-2021, 02:16 PM   #3

THOR #19602
Have seen that about the slide - will DEFINITELY be aware of any problems with it!!!!
Old 07-25-2021, 08:54 PM   #4

Model: Magnitude RB34
State: Montana
THOR #2531
Can I make a suggestion… see if you can make an appointment at Thor Service now. There will be issues as we all know and now local service locations have really stepped up the “ if you didn’t buy here it will be 3 months before we can look at it”. Thor service has been amazing! I just picked my unit up a week ago, and the majority of the issues, even minor, the dealership couldn’t fix, but Thor service is on top of it.
Old 07-27-2021, 02:52 PM   #5

Model: Magnitude RB34
State: Montana
THOR #2531
Thor Factory Service

The customer service and the treatment I have been receiving since my purchase has been amazing. As we all know there are always issues with a new Rv. That’s a given. It’s the follow up that can make the difference.

Thor motor coach has been amazing. I know people are throwing Thor under the bus because of customer service, usually on other brands acquired by Thor, but I have learned a lot of new facts. I also put all of the various makes under the Thor umbrella. It turns out each maker under Thor still competes against each other as independent manufacturers.

The acquisitions are just basically a financial incentive that improved buying power for components, etc. So to summarize you may get lousy customer service and follow up from Jayco, but receive phenomenal service from Thor Motor Coach.

Based on my current experience, I would never buy Jayco again, but would buy Thor Motor Coach again. I had problems with both Rv but the way Thor Motor Coach handles it made 200% difference. By the way Thor Motor Coach has a designated “traveling service” team that will come to you if need be. The dealership never mentioned it, which was a failure, in today’s environment that is a huge benefit!
Old 07-27-2021, 03:03 PM   #6

THOR #19602
Ours is such a great community... So many helpful people on here with a wealth of information. Thanks again!
I know there will be issues - but we are very excited to get our Omni and have a good idea where to begin looking for problems.
Old 07-28-2021, 04:25 AM   #7

Model: RS36
State: California
THOR #24133
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Congrats and good luck. Run that slide in and out until it breaks and then walk away until the dealer fixes it. Negotiate a spare slide motor as part of the deal.
Please don’t make the same mistake I did. Listen to his wise words. Then re-read them the next day just to be sure you understand.

Eric