Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-06-2019, 11:05 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 ACE 29.3
State: Texas
THOR #16020
New to RV

Hello everyone. My husband and I just upgraded to the 2018 ACE 29.3. Love the floor plan. We have only been RVing for about a year and half. Previous 24ft was a little too small for us. Can anyone give me advise on cleaning the outside of RV. I have read some horror stories and don't want to go down that road. Ours ACE is virtually new only had 3400 miles on it. Would like to give it a good cleaning before we set out on a fall trip.

Old 10-06-2019, 01:06 PM   #2

Model: A.C.E. 29.2
State: Oklahoma
THOR #2542
I just use Camco’s rubber roof cleaner on the roof of our A.C.E. 29.2. Seems to clean very well. On the front, rear, and sides I use a wash and wax product mixed in a 5 gallon pail. I’ve got a long handled microfiber brush that I use all around. In the past, I’ve gone over the front cap and side mirrors with a spray wax, Turtle Wax, but this year I decided to use a paste wax. The paste wax is a LOT of work especially above the windshield but the shine looks really nice. I’m not sure that bug splats are are any easier to remove after waxing as I had to scrub them with a mesh covered sponge after our 2 week trip to Wyoming in July.

The black streaks on the side walls will come off fairly easily with Awesome Cleaner from Dollar General. I buy the concentrate and dilute according to the instructions. I’ve been led to believe that this bath removes any wax as well so the second bath with wash and wax follows just in case.

The care and feeding of your new A.C.E. ain’t gonna be easy but your reward will be a near new appearance for a long time.
Old 10-06-2019, 02:41 PM   #3
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Welcome to the forum!
I simply use the same stuff for cleaning, that we use on our cars...
Old 10-14-2019, 12:49 PM   #4

Model: 2018 ACE 29.3
State: Texas
THOR #16020
Smile

Thank you for the advice. I will pick this stuff up today. Heading out this weekend for a fall trip. Cant wait to get on the road, seems like all your worries just roll of your sleeve when we are in the RV. Happy Travels everyone.
Old 10-14-2019, 01:09 PM   #5

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
If it's just a good washing you need, a quick and easy solution is a "Blue Beacon" Truck Wash. They are located across the country centered near truck stops. Cost me $33 and they do a beautiful job. Make sure to tell them "low pressure" with the wands. For the most part, they already know this with RV's and don't blast around seams, windows, etc. they pre-soak as you enter and hand wash entire rig. It's a good fix while traveling and keeps the bug guts from becoming glue blobs. Downside...you may have to wait in line for 20 or 30 minutes during busy periods. Well worth the time and cost. We have one a few miles from the house and use it after every multi-day trip.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 02:30 PM   #6
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gammyjaap@gmail.con View Post
Thank you for the advice. I will pick this stuff up today. Heading out this weekend for a fall trip. Cant wait to get on the road, seems like all your worries just roll of your sleeve when we are in the RV. Happy Travels everyone.
Have a safe and fun trip!
Take lots of pictures for us too!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote