Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-24-2021, 10:35 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 26HE
State: Georgia
THOR #24584
2018 Freedom Elite 26HE

I am a new owner. I see a port on the roof for solar. I have ordered a kit from Renogy. Anyone know where to find the other end of the pre-installed cables where I would put the charger for routing to the batteries that are under the steps?? I am assuming they are behind the fuse panel but if so is there a line from there to the house batteries?

Old 12-26-2021, 02:53 AM   #2

Model: freedom elite 24he
State: Alabama
THOR #21327
My 24he has a charge controller already installed by the steps near the jack switches. The wiring is probably already there on yours.
Old 12-26-2021, 03:43 PM   #3

Model: Freedom Elite 26HE
State: Georgia
THOR #24584
Makes sense

That makes sense. I am trying to figure things out while being 1700 miles away from my rig.
Old 12-26-2021, 04:57 PM   #4

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37K
State: Virginia
THOR #12448
If you don’t already have a solar charge controller installed that you’re not aware of, it’s most likely somewhere near your converter or batteries. I know ours has two loose wires run to the same area as the converter (under the bed for us). If I recall correctly, ours has Orange and Orange/White 10ga wire running from the roof gland which is in a loop just sitting loose and that jives with a few other posts I’ve seen for various models.

Knowing Thor, there’s good odds it’s probably the last place you’d ever think to look.

If you haven’t found it already, there are two good resources I know of for mobile solar which might be helpful:
https://explorist.life
https://www.mobile-solarpower.com

https://visitedstatesmap.com/image/C...VAWVWIWYsm.jpg
TheDustyGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charge controller, solar