Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-12-2020, 11:23 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Minnesota
THOR #20857
Axxerra TV advice needed

Has anyone connected their cell phone to their Axxerra TV to access Dish Anywhere from the phone? Looks like in the manual it’s feasible “connecting a MHL-enabled device”. Our DVD player is currently connected to the HDMI3 source on the TV so I would have to disconnect that, have the right cable and connect to my iPhone. We have a 2021 30.3 Thor A.C.E.

Not too techy, but if this will not work sounds like Roku or Firestick is the other option.

Old 10-12-2020, 11:29 PM   #2
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by olafsonchris@yahoo.com View Post
Has anyone connected their cell phone to their Axxerra TV to access Dish Anywhere from the phone? Looks like in the manual it’s feasible “connecting a MHL-enabled device”. Our DVD player is currently connected to the HDMI3 source on the TV so I would have to disconnect that, have the right cable and connect to my iPhone. We have a 2021 30.3 Thor A.C.E.

Not too techy, but if this will not work sounds like Roku or Firestick is the other option.
Have you made this work with any other TV?

Even though you may be able to mirror the phone display via HDMI out to a TV's HDMI in, you still may not be able to display the Dis Anywhere App output on the TV due to restrictions in their App.

Also, if the DVR is connected to HDMI3, what's connected to HDMI1 and HDMI2 that they couldn't be used?
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 12:06 AM   #3

Model: Aria 3601
THOR #20848
Haven't tried with an Axxera TV yet but I do know it works using an iPhone 7+ into the Insignia on our previous rig as well as through the HDMI switch to an LG on our current coach. We use the Hulu and the HBOMax app on the phone to stream to any of the TV's onboard. Don't do DTV, but I'd imagine it would work as well. You'll need the Lightning-to-HDMI adapter. We have the one from Apple that allows me to charge the phone thru the adapter so it doesn't die in the middle of a show. I can post a link to the adapter if you need it.

Tim
Old 10-13-2020, 12:36 AM   #4
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
We used an HDMI adapter to connect my phone to our TV
As long as we have internet access: our Spectrum TV App worked great.
Old 10-16-2020, 05:27 PM   #5

Model: 22FE
State: North Carolina
THOR #16868
It will work and you might want a cable that charges at the same time. Standard HDMI to usb-c cables don't charge the phone. Your phone will go dead fast. This cable is what I have. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074PY2N4T..._UCDIFb1PR0Q7H
Old 10-16-2020, 05:29 PM   #6

Model: 22FE
State: North Carolina
THOR #16868
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM22FE View Post
It will work and you might want a cable that charges at the same time. Standard HDMI to usb-c cables don't charge the phone. Your phone will go dead fast. This cable is what I have. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074PY2N4T..._UCDIFb1PR0Q7H
Sorry I didn't see you have iPhone. Should be able to find iPhone version too. The usb can plug into the TV usb port.
Old 10-29-2020, 04:30 PM   #7

State: Minnesota
THOR #20857
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM22FE View Post
Sorry I didn't see you have iPhone. Should be able to find iPhone version too. The usb can plug into the TV usb port.
I ordered the apple lightning Digital AV adapter and 4K HD cable. Tried both my apple SE phone and mini IPad with Dish Anywhere. Hooked up through HDMI3. I get “No Signal”. What am I missing?
Old 10-29-2020, 05:30 PM   #8

Model: Freedom Elite
THOR #18888
Quote:
Originally Posted by olafsonchris@yahoo.com View Post
I ordered the apple lightning Digital AV adapter and 4K HD cable. Tried both my apple SE phone and mini IPad with Dish Anywhere. Hooked up through HDMI3. I get “No Signal”. What am I missing?
Are you plugged into the back of the Axxera tv or a multi-port splitter ?
ChrisCruises on all other social platforms
2020 Thor Freedom Elite
ChrisCruises is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axxera tv, firestick, help please, mhl-enabled device, roku