Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-28-2022, 07:31 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2011 FW Hurricane 33T
State: England
THOR #16471
"All" water is millions of years old, so the assumption is dinosaurs have peed in it one time or thrice... Of note is the article that California is looking at sewage for a water source!!

Old 08-28-2022, 08:14 PM   #22

Model: 2016 Hurricane 29M
State: California
THOR #3923
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Horse hockey. Unless the campground is on a well it is the same water the municipality tests and uses.
Being on the Site Team, I would think you'd be a role model when it comes to how to communicate on this forum. Claiming what a person has stated is "Horse Hockey" steps over that line.

You could have said, "I find it difficult to understand", or "are you sure it was actual city water"?....instead of insinuating that a person is full of it shit in what they just said. Granted you didn't come right out and say it, but it's just another form of saying the same thing.

Having said that, I have no idea if the water was well, spring, lake, or what...it was a facet next to the camp site and I just assumed it was quality. All I know is after a week the RV smelled like rotten eggs and I had a hell of a time getting rid of it. I not only flushed the lines and tanks using a cup of Clorox, but I also filled it back up and again put a cup of Clorox in the tank and let it sit a few days.

Unless you have a chemical test kit and a background in water quality and analysis, you have no idea what the quality of water is you are connecting up to, if it's polluted, or where it's coming from...and this is why I use bottled water. The only water I trust is the water I have in my house or perhaps connecting up to someone else's house.
Old 08-28-2022, 09:05 PM   #23
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jusplainwacky View Post
Being on the Site Team, I would think you'd be a role model when it comes to how to communicate on this forum. Claiming what a person has stated is "Horse Hockey" steps over that line.

You could have said, "I find it difficult to understand", or "are you sure it was actual city water"?....instead of insinuating that a person is full of it shit in what they just said. Granted you didn't come right out and say it, but it's just another form of saying the same thing.

Having said that, I have no idea if the water was well, spring, lake, or what...it was a facet next to the camp site and I just assumed it was quality. All I know is after a week the RV smelled like rotten eggs and I had a hell of a time getting rid of it. I not only flushed the lines and tanks using a cup of Clorox, but I also filled it back up and again put a cup of Clorox in the tank and let it sit a few days.

Unless you have a chemical test kit and a background in water quality and analysis, you have no idea what the quality of water is you are connecting up to, if it's polluted, or where it's coming from...and this is why I use bottled water. The only water I trust is the water I have in my house or perhaps connecting up to someone else's house.
I tell it like it is and don’t require anyone telling me how to communicate.

Do some research before posting misleading info.
Old 08-28-2022, 09:11 PM   #24

Model: 2016 Hurricane 29M
State: California
THOR #3923
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
I tell it like it is and don’t require anyone telling me how to communicate.

Do some research before posting misleading info.
Misleading info? The point I was making is that you never know what you are connecting up to, and what I experienced...and why I use bottled water. That isn't misleading info.

Doesn't surprise me that you don't appreciate anyone telling you how to communicate...it shows.