Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-30-2018, 02:02 AM   #21

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
Gentlemen,
As a small business owner I find it very difficult to understand Thor's lack of acceptance of ideas/suggestions from the end user. The simple elimination of a base offering - the drop down bed - or the basic substitution of Theater Recliners for the jack-knife couch should not make the wheels of the production line grind to a screeching halt.
Some say such modifications would adversely affect resale by reducing the market for the resale product. Hells-Bells...MSRP is a pie in the sky figure and the unit drops some 35% as soon as you drive it off the lot and the ink dries on the contract.
I find it hard to believe that the DW and I are the only two senior RV'ers who do not want to climb up a ladder to sleep or who prefer Recliners to a Jack-knife sofa.
Don't get me wrong, after working thru the first year of ownership and fixing things and changing things we love our Vegas 24.1...but it would have been nice to have had some options available from the get-go.
Several decades ago Fords use to come in any color you wanted...as long as it was black! I hope it won't take Thor several decades to make options available - as I won't make it to that point in time!

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 12:08 PM   #22
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Thor is simply locked into that rigid corporate mentality that cannot yield to anything outside of their carefully drawn lines...
But then: that's what the aftermarket is for!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 03:33 PM   #23

State: England
THOR #11569

I don't understand either with just even colours
People want you to shop local but if they don't have it they don't offer to order for you either
I remember mcDonalds though that just to leave off a Tomato was a cause for much head scratching

Eventually, just like mcd big T will be forced to change
The young way is CAD bespoke design

An Etsy of coaches
Thor is lulled into thinking they r successful because I'm buying the coach but I'm really buying it just because that is the only option I have
Ymmv
Old 05-30-2018, 07:02 PM   #24

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike View Post
Thanks to all.
Please keep the ideas coming in on how to order "custom".
Just got our Vegas out of the shop, paid $100 on some 4 different Warranty problems. Now "Ms Enterpirse" has a new water pump, new USB Charging Station in the bedroom, new awning arms and a new outside shower!
While killing time for the paperwork to be done we walked around the dealership and looked. It is really weird when comparing different makes. Another make (starts with a "W") offers their units with/without the drop down bed ($2700 option), no problem with dropping the jack-knife couch and inserting recliners. Maybe there is something to be said for the aging/maturing process.

Doc
Just saw this post, s little slow in my reading sometimes. What was wrong with your outside shower and USB charging station?

Just curious....
Old 05-30-2018, 07:49 PM   #25

THOR #2142
Mo,
The outside shower leaked at the base of the hose more than came out of the shower head...it had to be replaced.
The USB charging station went dead, I checked the fuse but not the problem. CW had to test the charging station - officially declare it dead - then order the replacement.
So far so good after two weekend road trips to the NC mountains. Last trip did allow for one for the freezer.
http://www.thorforums.com/forums/att...1&d=1527709726

Doc
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Marble May18.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	251.0 KB
ID:	10490  

Old 05-30-2018, 07:51 PM   #26

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
You should keep that bait frozen...it will start stinking before you can fish with it!
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 08:37 PM   #27

THOR #2142
"Tough crowd, tough crowd!"

Doc

Old 05-30-2018, 09:50 PM   #28

State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post

....cut....

Thor is lulled into thinking they r successful because I'm buying the coach but I'm really buying it just because that is the only option I have
Ymmv
Thor may be the biggest manufacturer, but are not the only one, so we always have other options. However, I think Gordon Bethune nailed the underlying problem when he said that “you’re only as good as your dumbest competitor”.

Sometimes it seems all options are bad ones. We have to choose the least worst.
Old 05-30-2018, 10:27 PM   #29
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Sometimes it seems all options are bad ones. We have to choose the least worst.
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 11:59 PM   #30

Model: 34F
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8432
When I was North of the Borderland year, I saw a motorhome with a picture of a 'mom' giving you a sandwich. Think it was called "mom's place" I think but I took a picture of it. That was a really good picture. And the MH didn't look too bad either. Now if if I had tons o money and wanted it to look like your fish...
Old 07-22-2018, 11:51 PM   #31

THOR #2142
Cason,

Yep...very few problems can not be solved with adequate money or an appropriate amount of explosives!

FYI: Just back from another fishing trip, today's trout was a 12" brown - might need a longer RV for the portrait; like the 2018 27.7 IF I CAN EVER CATCH SIGHT of one of those! Right now the nearest to Maiden NC is some 300 miles away!

Doc