Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-27-2021, 03:08 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Arizona
THOR #22044
Height of 2017 thor 34j hurricane

Does anyone know the exact height of the 34J 2017 THOR hurricane I want to have a carport built over top of mine and I need the exact height including the air conditioners I look online and I find the specs and it says 12‘17“ but I don’t know if that includes the air conditioners or not does anyone know?

Old 11-27-2021, 03:21 PM   #2

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Quote:
Originally Posted by inlyzbldcj View Post
Does anyone know the exact height of the 34J 2017 THOR hurricane I want to have a carport built over top of mine and I need the exact height including the air conditioners I look online and I find the specs and it says 12‘17“ but I don’t know if that includes the air conditioners or not does anyone know?
You didn't indicate any limitations (physical capability, motorhome not in your possession, etc.) but there's nothing more accurate and satisfying than using an old fashioned tape measure with an assistant.
Old 11-27-2021, 03:40 PM   #3

State: Arizona
THOR #22044
Nope you’re right I didn’t I just thought somebody might know that’s an RV person out there that knows everything about their RV!!!
Old 11-27-2021, 03:40 PM   #4
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by inlyzbldcj View Post
12'17"? Is that a typo?

1 - get an 8 foot 2x4 and tape measure
2 - get a 10 foot ladder
3 - carry the 2x4 to the roof
4 - lay it on the roof side to side with about a 6" overhang
5 - measure from the bottom of the 2x4 to the ground
6 - get on the roof and measure the height of the A/C from the roof to the top of the cover.
7 - Add the A/C height to the measurement from step 5.

This will tell you the height of your MH to the top of the A/C from the ground. Add whatever safety margin you feel comfortable with. You will probably find this height is DIFFERENT than what Thor advertises for your MH. My MH height was 8" shorter than advertised.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote