Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-10-2022, 07:17 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #16806
Smile Internet for RV Living

Tip! Happy to share this info… We are FT since 2015 and have finally found a reasonable and dependable Internet Provider! Verizon has been our provider since they offer coverage wherever we travel, especially in remote areas. They now offer “Home Internet” and so far, so good! If you can get a signal, it works! $25/mos with auto pay and discount. Check it out!

Old 09-10-2022, 07:36 PM   #2
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
I'm glad it works for you but just like T-Mobile's Home Internet you have to have an "available" address to get it and it is not meant for roaming like in an RV. It is also only $25 IF you have a qualifying Verizon mobile phone plan.

So just another option in a sea of options.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 07:50 PM   #3

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by MimiBeth View Post
Tip! Happy to share this info… We are FT since 2015 and have finally found a reasonable and dependable Internet Provider! Verizon has been our provider since they offer coverage wherever we travel, especially in remote areas. They now offer “Home Internet” and so far, so good! If you can get a signal, it works! $25/mos with auto pay and discount. Check it out!
Verizon is going to get much better service to beat T-Mobile. I was a Verizon customer from 1999 to 2017. Sooo much better service and speeds with T-Mobile. Still the best deal is ATT ZTE Mobley, but it is only G4LTE and not currently available for new customers.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 11:42 AM   #4

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
THOR #12751
There are still going to be areas where any of the cell carriers don't have service.... or the service is weak.... or hitting max capacity causing drops in speed.

I have used Verizon, AT&T, Cricket and T-Mobile Home Internet. My wife and I have kept two different carriers so if one didn't work, the other might.

Ultimately, I settled on Starlink for RV since it works where cell coverage does not. Starlink also just announced a deal with T-Mobile to provide their users with access to the Starlink network when there is no T-Mobile coverage. Now you do need a relatively clear line of site but I have had it work fine even with some trees around and it is easy to move the Dish around if needed.

Our Internet solution now goes like this.....

We use the T-Mobile Home Internet Gateway when in motion. Then if it provides adequate performance at our destination, we continue using it. If not, I deploy the Starlink Dish so we have Internet and can make WiFi phone calls if our cell coverage is poor.

I have become more of a fan of TMobile after trying their Home Internet the past several months in our RV and at home. They also have the Magenta 55+ Cell Plans that will reduce the cost of the Home Internet to $30 and include Netflex and AppleTV+. They also guarantee to never raise your price.

The Magenta 55+ also provides 5GB of data in Canada and Mexico, 40GB of Hotspot Data and Inflight Internet for those who fly.

I am getting close to switching my AT&T plan and my wife's Xfinity (Verizon) plan to T-Mobile. For $100/month I can have two unlimited cell phone plans and T-Mobile Home Internet.

The great thing about T-Mobile Home Internet and Starlink for people not full-time is you can suspend service when not using it so you don't pay when not using it.

Tags
fulltime residence, internet, verizon