Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-13-2022, 01:08 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2022 Sanctuary
State: Florida
THOR #26179
RV dealer to MB info

Curious ,How do or can I find out if GRV sent my sale of the Sprinter Van used by Thor to MB , to start warranty cycle ?

Old 08-13-2022, 02:16 PM   #2

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthgear View Post
Curious ,How do or can I find out if GRV sent my sale of the Sprinter Van used by Thor to MB , to start warranty cycle ?
Your selling dealer is supposed to summit the proper selling info to Thor MC. That selling date starts the new vehicle warranty.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 04:51 PM   #3

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
Call the chassis manufacturer's owner customer service number. They will have a record of the start date or if it hasn't yet been submitted. Don't depend on what Thor or the dealer tells you. There is a form they must submit and it should bee in your closing/delivery documents...get a copy of it.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 05:45 PM   #4

THOR #26179
Thanks , I'll look for the Document . I don't trust the Dealer also , they were real busy when I purchased .
Old 08-14-2022, 12:14 AM   #5

Model: Four Winds 22E
State: California
THOR #27561
I have a similar form from my dealer but I am not sure if they submitted it either. I guess that I will give Ford a call.

I checked this thread because I saw "MB" in the title and I thought that it meant Morro Bay.
Old 08-14-2022, 03:26 PM   #6
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
You say used. Thor’s warranty may not be transferable. You need to check the MB warranty for the transfer process. There may be money involved for transfers.
Old 08-14-2022, 10:26 PM   #7

THOR #26179
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
You say used. Thor’s warranty may not be transferable. You need to check the MB warranty for the transfer process. There may be money involved for transfers.
New 2022 Sanctuary , I have found no paper work informing MB that this was sold to me ( but maybe they wouldn't have given a copy to me ). I will call MBUSA this week when I get a chance .

I was just curious before , now I want to make sure MB has a record of it for warranty .

I think I read a Phone # in some of the online info from the Thor sight about it , going to have to look there .

Thanks
Old 08-15-2022, 12:44 AM   #8

THOR #11130
Quote:

I read it as the (new) chassis used by Thor to make their RV...sounds like a new unit to me.
Old 08-15-2022, 01:42 AM   #9
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
New 2022 Sanctuary , I have found no paper work informing MB that this was sold to me ( but maybe they wouldn't have given a copy to me ). I will call MBUSA this week when I get a chance .

I was just curious before , now I want to make sure MB has a record of it for warranty .

I think I read a Phone # in some of the online info from the Thor sight about it , going to have to look there .

Thanks
You should have signed the registration form. If not talk to the dealer. They owned the unit before you bought it.
Old 08-15-2022, 12:26 PM   #10

THOR #26179
I found a section in the Warranty guide with MB portal for delayed warranty application & it looks like its more for a dealer , asks for a upfitter token # , not sure where I can get that info .I will call MB USA first to see if they have a record before zI start anything .
Old 08-15-2022, 02:50 PM   #11
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
I found a section in the Warranty guide with MB portal for delayed warranty application & it looks like its more for a dealer , asks for a upfitter token # , not sure where I can get that info .I will call MB USA first to see if they have a record before zI start anything .
Your dealer call your dealer. That is your answer.

All this other crap is a waste of time
Old 08-15-2022, 05:19 PM   #12

THOR #26179
I have an appointment with GRV to change my Transfer Switch & next month , so I may wait till I have them face to face & my call or voice mail will not be lost .
Old 08-19-2022, 10:23 AM   #13

Model: Gemini SX, 2018 MB diesel
State: North Carolina
THOR #19778
Quote:
Call Mercedes and ask.
I had a warranty issue several months after buying new.
They didn't have transfer info but were eventually able to trace ownership to me.
Old 08-19-2022, 12:23 PM   #14
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
It's too late for this now...
But why on earth did you buy from a Dealer that you don't fully trust?
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 06:06 PM   #15

THOR #26179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
It's too late for this now...
But why on earth did you buy from a Dealer that you don't fully trust?
I have no idea if they notified MB or at the time did I even think about it . I'm used to buying factory vehicles , even Boats & these all represented the Product I was purchasing , never purchased a Vehicle that had two Vin #'s or manufacturers , so I don't see how trust has anything to do with the issue or concern I have , I don't know if they did or didn't .
Old 08-19-2022, 07:05 PM   #16

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
I have no idea if they notified MB or at the time did I even think about it . I'm used to buying factory vehicles , even Boats & these all represented the Product I was purchasing , never purchased a Vehicle that had two Vin #'s or manufacturers , so I don't see how trust has anything to do with the issue or concern I have , I don't know if they did or didn't .
MBV of SC assigners the vehicle's Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) at the start of the production of the van. The complete, cut-a-way, drive-able, van chassis is shipped from SC to IN. USDOT requires all drive-able stripped or cut-a-way chassis to have a DOT VIN before leaving the factory.
The Thor MC factory adds the "house" . The factory pulls the coach identification card which is produced by the factory management center using the dealer's order sheet. There are no Thor MC coaches built without the dealer paying for the coach before the build is started. (There is no dealer "floor plan"). The coach ID sequence number specifies the year, position of production, the floor plan, color option, optional equipment and the exterior color. It is not a DOT VIN.
The motor coach sits outside the factory until the dealer arranges transport. The transport driver will complete an acceptance checklist and carry the dealer PDI and acceptance form. The dealer submits the PDI along request for warranty repairs if necessary to TMC. When the coach is sold, the dealer again submits the sales papers which are necessary for Thor MC to notify MBV that he vehicle has been sold.
Semi annual factory to dealer rebates are paid directly to the dealer and are scaled by the factory generated amounts based on cost, number of vehicles sold made by that factory, and warranty info.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 09:03 PM   #17
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
MBV of SC assigners the vehicle's Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) at the start of the production of the van. The complete, cut-a-way, drive-able, van chassis is shipped from SC to IN. USDOT requires all drive-able stripped or cut-a-way chassis to have a DOT VIN before leaving the factory.
The Thor MC factory adds the "house" . The factory pulls the coach identification card which is produced by the factory management center using the dealer's order sheet. There are no Thor MC coaches built without the dealer paying for the coach before the build is started. (There is no dealer "floor plan"). The coach ID sequence number specifies the year, position of production, the floor plan, color option, optional equipment and the exterior color. It is not a DOT VIN.
The motor coach sits outside the factory until the dealer arranges transport. The transport driver will complete an acceptance checklist and carry the dealer PDI and acceptance form. The dealer submits the PDI along request for warranty repairs if necessary to TMC. When the coach is sold, the dealer again submits the sales papers which are necessary for Thor MC to notify MBV that he vehicle has been sold.
Semi annual factory to dealer rebates are paid directly to the dealer and are scaled by the factory generated amounts based on cost, number of vehicles sold made by that factory, and warranty info.
Thor doesn’t notify MBV, the dealer does on a Warranty Delayed Start Form.

I had the same issue with my Challenger.
Old 08-19-2022, 10:47 PM   #18

THOR #11130
Quote:
Thor doesn’t notify MBV, the dealer does on a Warranty Delayed Start Form.

I had the same issue with my Challenger.

"The Dealer" is the key here. They don't always file this form...I had to follow up with Ford on mine..."the dealer" never submitted the form. I had to fight with "the dealer" for 2 weeks to get the form completed and submitted. Only MB Customer Service/Warranty Department can verify if it was filed. They are at the end of the line.
Old 08-30-2022, 01:30 PM   #19

THOR #26179
Forget the Dealer , been waiting for over a week for call back, nor did GRV !

I called MB CS & they took my info & said I'm GTG .Simple question turns into a major undertaking , so to speak.

Thanks for the help.