Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-07-2022, 01:59 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Louisiana
THOR #28188
Thor Omni/Magnitude Rally

June 27-July 2, 2023
Shipshewana, Indiana

We are planning the first rally for Omni/Magnitude and Thor Super C’s.. We would love to have you join us. Please send me your name if you are booked and not on the list below. It won’t cost you anything to make a reservation. The campground will not charge your card until you check in. There is a small cancellation fee if you cancel at the last minute. This particular campground has hosted 20 rallies this year. There are horse & buggy tours, woodworking factories, huge flea market, etc. in Shipshewana.

Thor Omni/Magnitude Owners Rally:
(Note: this rally is open to all Thor Super C’s.)
Shipshewana Campground South Bend
(260) 768-4669
Now that we are in their system, you can book with anyone working at the campground.
40 Sites Blocked Off
Tuesday 6/27/23- Sunday 7/2/23

Already Booked:
Site 90 Burris
Site 108 Diaferio
Site 105 Russell
Site 103 Pease
Site ? McSpadden
Site 116 Owen
Site 94 Tyler
Site 87 Luska
Site ? Kauffman
Site ? Comstock
Site 91 Faust

Another couple who live close by & will join us, but will not be camping. So, that puts us at 12 families.

I talked to James Newjar yesterday. Their marketing department had a big event last week and had not gotten back with James. Thor’s participation will have to go through the proper channels to be approved. Nothing is definite or set in stone, yet. Bristol (22 minutes away) is where Thor manufactures Super C’s and we should be able to tour that plant. They also usually try to cater a meal. This would be at the South Pavillion that is reserved that week for our group. Wednesday is open for the town’s Shipshewana Flea Market (.08 miles from the campground). Thor’s participation will most likely be on that Thursday & Friday. Waiting to see what Thor’s Marketing Department has in mind. Please reach out to others who might not necessarily be on Facebook or in this group. Let me know when you book a site & I will add you to the group. Looking forward to meeting others in this group.

Thanks,
Brenda Kay Burch Burris

FYI: Nexus just had a successful rally at this same campground. They booked 38 sites. I saw pictures of a meet & greet, pictures sitting around a campfire, and pictures of campers having a wonderful time. They had a great rally. Let’s make this happen for our group!

Old 10-07-2022, 02:06 PM   #2

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
First I've heard of it...how long has this been planned?
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 02:51 PM   #3

THOR #28188
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
First I've heard of it...how long has this been planned?
We are still in the planning stages. Waiting to hear how much participation that Thor will provide. It has to be approved through the appropriate channels. . I had posted this on Facebook. But, I just registered on this site to be able to reach people who are not on Facebook.
Old 10-07-2022, 03:19 PM   #4

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
Good move...lots of us older folks are not on Facebook. We're on eBay thought...trying to find working condition rotary dial phones and wristwatches. This rally will probably work for April and I...heading that way in the rally time frame for our Wild, Wild West taming.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 11:17 AM   #5

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
THOR #12751
We would normally be happy to participate but we will be leaving for Alaska in early June next year.

Hopefully it becomes and annual event and we can make the next one.
Old 11-01-2022, 02:17 PM   #6

Model: Magnitude SV34
State: New Jersey
THOR #3431
Hello! Would love to join the rally please. Is there a link for us to officially sign up or does this thread serve as that? Thanks.

Klay Fennell
Shamong, NJ
2020 Magnitude SV34
“Rhino the 4x4 RV”

Click image for larger version

Name:	AE660EFB-84EB-4F6F-A79D-DF6D87D3E63B.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	39987
Old 11-01-2022, 04:23 PM   #7

THOR #28188
Most have replied on the Thor Omni/Magnitude Owners group on Facebook. I realize that everyone is not on Facebook, & that’s why I posted it on this forum.. When you book at the campground, send me your site number so that I can add you to the group. The campground will not charge you until you check in. I’m still waiting on Thor!s marketing department to get back with me. I have 15 families already participating.
Old 11-18-2022, 02:44 PM   #8

THOR #28188

When you book your site, message me & I will add you to the list.
New owners consider joining us.

June 27-July 2, 2023
Shipshewana, Indiana

Posting this on several sites. Please send me your name if you are booked and not on the list below. It won’t cost you anything to make a reservation. The campground does need a credit card on file, but will not charge your card until you check in. There is a small cancellation fee if you cancel at the last minute. This particular campground has hosted 20 rallies this year. There are horse & buggy tours, woodworking factories, huge flea market, etc. in Shipshewana.

(260) 768-4669
Now that we are in their system, you can book with anyone working at the campground.
40 Sites Blocked Off

Already Booked:
Site 90 Burris
Site 108 Diaferio
Site 105 Russell
Site 103 Pease
Site ? McSpadden
Site 116 Owen
Site 94 Tyler
Site 87 Luska
Site ? Kauffman
Site 89 Comstock
Site 91 Faust
Site 93 Suarez
Site 104 Wilder
Site ? Sklack
Site 97 Jantzi

Another couple who live close by & will join us, but will not be camping. So, that puts us at 16 families.

Still waiting on James Newjar to get back with me on Thor’s participation. Thor’s marketing department has to go through the proper channels to appove their participation. Nothing is definite or set in stone, yet. Bristol (22 minutes away) is where Thor manufactures Super C’s and we should be able to tour that plant. They also usually try to cater a meal. This would be at the South Pavillion that is reserved that week for our group. Wednesday is open for the town’s Shipshewana Flea Market (.08 miles from the campground). Thor’s participation will most likely be on that Thursday & Friday. Waiting to see what Thor’s Marketing Department has in mind. Please reach out to others who might not necessarily be on Facebook or in this group. Let me know when you book a site & I will add you to the group. Looking forward to meeting others in this group.

Thanks,
Brenda Kay Burch Burris
Old 12-19-2022, 04:12 PM   #9

Model: Omni SV34
State: Kansas
THOR #28691
Just now seeing this thread, is it too late to join?
Old 12-19-2022, 11:43 PM   #10

THOR #28188
Would love for y’all to join us. Still in the planning stages. I think that we have 17 booked. I’ve posted it mostly on the Thor Omni /Magnitude Owners site on Facebook. I’m not as familiar with maneuvering this forum. Let me know if you book a site, & I will add you to the list. I’m going to repost after the holidays.
Old 03-20-2023, 12:51 AM   #11

THOR #28188
Just saw your reply. There ate plenty of spots left reserved under the Thor Omni/Magnitude Rally. Going to repost for new owners. Most have replied on Facebook under Thor Omni/Magnitude Owners.
Old 03-20-2023, 12:54 AM   #12

THOR #28188

Thor Omni/Magnitude Rally Update:

Still emailing back & forth with Thor’s Marketing Department. Wanted to repost this for new owners who might consider joining us.

Thor/Omni Rally
Update:
I received the following email from the Thor Marketing Department a few weeks ago:

Good morning Brenda,

We're working on nailing down tour information. Typically this production facility doesn't have tours so it's been a little bit longer of a process. We're discussing other possible ways we can participate as well.

I'll keep you posted.
Thank you,
Brandon Tom
Coach Link® Sales
Thor Motor Coach
800-860-5658
RVDA/RVIA Certified Technician

I’m still emailing back & forth with Thor’s Marketing Department. After I have definite plans from Thor, I can make some plans for us to gather at the South Pavilion, which is reserved for our group.

New owners consider joining us.

June 27-July 2, 2023
Shipshewana, Indiana

Posting this again to add new reservations. Please send me your name if you are booked and not on the list below. It won’t cost you anything to make a reservation. The campground does need a credit card on file, but will not charge your card until you check in. There is a small cancellation fee if you cancel at the last minute. This particular campground has hosted 20 rallies this year. There are horse & buggy tours, woodworking factories, huge flea market, etc. in Shipshewana.

(260) 768-4669
40 Sites Blocked Off

Already Booked:
Site 90 Burris
Site 108 Diaferio
Site 105 Russell
Site 103 Pease
Site ? McSpadden
Site 116 Owen
Site 94 Tyler
Site 87 Luska
Site ? Kauffman
Site 89 Comstock
Site 91 Faust
Site 93 Suarez
Site 104 Wilder
Site ? Sklack
Site 97 Jantzi
Site 95 Lovett
Site 129 Cockrell
Site 106 Irwin
Site 99 Duquette

Another couple who live close by & will join us, but will not be camping. So, that puts us at 20 families.

Nothing is definite or set in stone, yet. But, Thor’s Marketing Department is working on it. Bristol (22 minutes away) is where Thor manufactures Super C’s and we should be able to tour that plant. They also usually try to cater a meal. This would be at the South Pavillion that is reserved that week for our group. Wednesday is open for the town’s Shipshewana Flea Market (.08 miles from the campground). Thor’s participation will most likely be on that Thursday & Friday. Waiting to see what Thor’s Marketing Department has in mind. Please reach out to others who might not necessarily be on Facebook or in this group. Let me know when you book a site & I will add you to the group. Looking forward to meeting others in this group.

Brenda Kay Burch Burris
Old 04-23-2023, 09:01 PM   #13

THOR #28188

Anyone wishing to join the rally & not on Facebook, email me and I will add you to the list. We have 20 sites booked. I will have to release the extra camping spots on May 1st. You can email me for details or any questions.
brendabburris@hotmail.com