Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-19-2018, 01:37 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #7445
Yellowstone in mid-late May

Planning this trip in our 24Thor Citation with ford following closely, to spend nearly a week. Would like suggestions including preferred RV parks, sights, side trips. Appreciate your comments.
556mike

Old 02-19-2018, 03:34 AM   #2

Model: 24HE
State: Florida
THOR #10225
Following.
Old 02-19-2018, 07:50 PM   #3

Model: Miramar 35.3
State: Florida
THOR #6451
You might want to check to see what campgrounds are open during that time of year. We went to yellowstone back in 2010 in mid June and some of the campgrounds weren't open yet. We had quite a bit of snow at our first site. We stayed in Cayon village campground for 4 days and then stayed at Madison for 3 days. Madison had just opened but I know that grant village campground didn't open until after we left. I believe our first day was on June 9th.

Burch
Old 02-19-2018, 08:10 PM   #4

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
We were there last year, arriving just before Mid-May. We stayed at Fishing Bridge Campground inside park. We prefer to stay in park when we visit, and it's centrally located. Plus it's the only one with hookups as far as I know (at least at that time of year), which we must have.

The Fishing Bridge campground was still opening different sections, so getting a reservation in mid-May should still be available. In summer the park gets too crowded for our taste.

There's a lot to see near Yellowstone, but the park itself is incredible if you like nature and wildlife. I could easily spend a full week there every year.
Old 02-22-2018, 10:13 PM   #5

State: California
THOR #7445
Thanks for input. On their web, grizzly will open 1May. We made reservation for 18-23 May. Hopefully, weather will favor us. Mike
Old 02-23-2018, 10:10 PM   #6

Brand: Still Looking
State: Tennessee
THOR #7227
It’s a few miles from Yellowstone but Colter Bay in the Grand Tetons is fabulous. I also stayed at Fishing Bridge but sewer hook up was much higher than tank outlet. Wherever you stay it’s a fabulous place to visit.