Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-10-2021, 02:58 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
THOR #20474
Breaker/Fuse for water heater in Chateau 29G?

My water heater is not working on electric, and I'm doing some troubleshooting. I can't find a 110v breaker for the water heater. I don't see a breaker in the panel at the foot of the bed labeled for it, and I can't find one anywhere else. Does anyone know where the WH breaker is?

Old 08-10-2021, 05:25 PM   #2

Model: Miramar
State: California
THOR #22927
If you can make sure you are getting voltage to the water heater, with a meter. Also could it be possible you had the water heater on and no water in it, if so it would burn out your heating element. The main fuse box should have the water heater. Manually check each fuse. Also make sure none of your gfi,s are tripped. Good luck.
Old 08-10-2021, 05:32 PM   #3
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by AreVeeThereYet View Post
My water heater is not working on electric, and I'm doing some troubleshooting. I can't find a 110v breaker for the water heater. I don't see a breaker in the panel at the foot of the bed labeled for it, and I can't find one anywhere else. Does anyone know where the WH breaker is?
It's in the 120 VAC distribution panel. It may not be labeled as such, but there is one there for it. On the DC fuse side there should be a fuse labeled "Appliances" but that supplies more items than the water heater control board.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 05:43 PM   #4

State: North Carolina
THOR #20474
I verified that I do have power to the WH. Just wondering how to check a breaker if I need to, or want to just shut off power to the WH.

The element seems okay based on measuring the resistance. I am going to replace the relay and see if that fixes the problem The new relay is supposed to come tomorrow from Amazon.
Old 08-10-2021, 07:29 PM   #5
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by AreVeeThereYet View Post
I verified that I do have power to the WH. Just wondering how to check a breaker if I need to, or want to just shut off power to the WH.

The element seems okay based on measuring the resistance. I am going to replace the relay and see if that fixes the problem The new relay is supposed to come tomorrow from Amazon.
"Power to the WH"?
12 VDC or 120 VAC - It takes both.
When you know you have 120 VAC to the WH:
Open all your breakers, one at a time, until the 120 VAC goes away.
Now you know which breaker supplies the 120 VAC to the WH. Do your future self a favor and label it.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote