Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-09-2021, 09:57 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni
State: California
THOR #22133
Finally 2021 Thor BH35

Greetings everyone,
I am officially a newbie! After several months of haggling and repairs, I brought the new rig home today. I have tons of reading to do and I am sure I will have lots of questions, I apologize on the front end. Here's my first and it relates to the sanitization. It was recommended I sanitize my grey tank and water lines. I felt it would be a simple task, but they threw me for a wrench when they said to use the by-pass valve to prevent water from passing through the tankless water heater. I spoke with a Thor representative to locate the valve, but unfortunately he didn't know where it was located within my particular rig. I have checked the Thor website, but have been unable to locate the schematics, although I am sure it's there. He did mention I might have to remove a panel. Any thoughts or recommendations?

Again, thanks again for all of your input in assisting us in identifying our first rig

Pat
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3753.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	182.9 KB
ID:	29709   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3754.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	149.1 KB
ID:	29710  

Old 04-09-2021, 10:00 PM   #2
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Congratulations; it's a real beauty!
I hope it brings you countless "Miles & Smiles".
Old 04-09-2021, 10:10 PM   #3

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Congratulations! Post anything here and we will help
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 03:56 AM   #4

State: Washington
THOR #6433
Congratulations nice looking rig
Old 04-10-2021, 04:29 AM   #5

THOR #22133
Thanks for the compliments everyone, greatly appreciated. I found the bypass valves to the water heater. The technician was correct in that it’s under the kitchen sink. I was also able to find the schematics on the website. Going to attempt sanitizing tomorrow morning. Any advice would be greatly appreciate.

Pat
Old 04-10-2021, 11:13 AM   #6

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Unless they changed something, there isn't a by-pass on the Girard Tankless Water heater like there is on a standard water heater.

There is a supply valve to control the amount of water flow into the tankless and then an exit for the heted water.

I have a 2020 SV34 and there is no by-pass on my coach. I add bleach to the fresh water tank. I drive around to it sloshes along the walls. Then I run the hot and cold at every faucet for a couple minutes.

I then the drain the fresh water tank, refill with some water and drain again. I usually am filling with well water so I add some bleach to chlorinate the water when taking a trip.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-04-10 at 7.10.20 AM.png
Views:	52
Size:	126.5 KB
ID:	29717  
Old 04-12-2021, 12:03 PM   #7

Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Curious but why would you want to sanitize the grey tank? Maybe run some cleaner like dishwasher liquid occasionally just to help clean the walls and level sensors, but not sanitize.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 01:46 PM   #8

Brand: Still Looking
Model: S.O.B.
THOR #14543
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker21 View Post
Curious but why would you want to sanitize the grey tank? Maybe run some cleaner like dishwasher liquid occasionally just to help clean the walls and level sensors, but not sanitize.
I was thinking the same thing. The only tank that needs sanitizing would be the fresh water tank.
Popfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 03:20 PM   #9

THOR #22133
I apologize for the confusion, I meant fresh water tank and lines.
Old 04-14-2021, 12:25 AM   #10

Model: Thor Magnitude XG32 4x4,
State: Utah
THOR #19682
Wow, I love the blue color. I got the red accented XG-32. I love the size and the drive ability. Here is one thing I wish I knew when I first got mine, and the great folks on this forum were well worth all the money they make from being on this site.

First, the alarm in the cab threw me. The sensors over the rear view mirror are for motion. If you lock the cab with the key fob, and go into the coach, the alarm goes off. Happened to me in a camp site, late in the evening. I didn't lock it up until I went to bed. So when you turn off the key, you have to select perimeter, and the inside sensor won't be used (it's on the dash). I eventually just put tape over the inside sensor and haven't had any issues.

Having to set the E-brake and have the engine running for slides is annoying because I don't bend like I used to and crawling to turn the key is a pain. I purchased a StartX remote control starter ($105.00 on Amazon) which allows me to start the rig from inside. I use it more than any mod. Super easy to use, just plugs into the OBD port under the dash. You can see my thread on it. Maybe we can make a new one for people that haven't seen it.

Happy trails to you. Are you going to Tow a vehicle? Great help in here for getting that set up.
Old 04-14-2021, 09:33 PM   #11

THOR #22133
CTR,
Thank you, I too liked the red accented rig, but my wife liked the blue model. We decided we needed the extra bath for the kids. You're absolutely right about this forum, really great people. I have learned a great deal the short time I've been a member, which assisted us in making our purchase.

As far as the alarm sensor, it got me the first night I brought it home. I already placed tape over the inside sensor based on your recommendation. I have also ordered the StartX remote starter. Although, I am waiting on a call back from the dealer to be sure it will not affect the warranty, along with the Progressive Dynamics inverter that Judge installed on his rig.

We are packed and ready to roll on our first two night trip. As they say, "Life is an Adventure!"
Old 05-27-2021, 10:22 AM   #12

THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Party of 5 View Post
CTR,
Thank you, I too liked the red accented rig, but my wife liked the blue model. We decided we needed the extra bath for the kids. You're absolutely right about this forum, really great people. I have learned a great deal the short time I've been a member, which assisted us in making our purchase.

As far as the alarm sensor, it got me the first night I brought it home. I already placed tape over the inside sensor based on your recommendation. I have also ordered the StartX remote starter. Although, I am waiting on a call back from the dealer to be sure it will not affect the warranty, along with the Progressive Dynamics inverter that Judge installed on his rig.

We are packed and ready to roll on our first two night trip. As they say, "Life is an Adventure!"
Not sure if this has been addressed but when I picked up mine a couple days ago I brought up the subject of the truck alarm system. They checked with a Ford rep I believe and the answer was go in the settings menu, on the steering wheel. Settings - Vehicle - Advanced Settings - Alarm. Change to Perimeter Alarm only and uncheck ask on exit. I did that and no horn blaring as I'm walking around inside with the cab doors locked.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 05-27-2021, 11:10 AM   #13

THOR #12751
Quote:
Not sure if this has been addressed but when I picked up mine a couple days ago I brought up the subject of the truck alarm system. They checked with a Ford rep I believe and the answer was go in the settings menu, on the steering wheel. Settings - Vehicle - Advanced Settings - Alarm. Change to Perimeter Alarm only and uncheck ask on exit. I did that and no horn blaring as I'm walking around inside with the cab doors locked.
There have been several posts on the alarm topic. Unfortunately you have to select "Peromiter" every time you shut off the coach. It will not remember the last setting and always diverst back to the full alarm (Perimeter and Internal Motion Sensor).
Old 05-27-2021, 01:48 PM   #14

THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
There have been several posts on the alarm topic. Unfortunately you have to select "Peromiter" every time you shut off the coach. It will not remember the last setting and always diverst back to the full alarm (Perimeter and Internal Motion Sensor).
I haven't moved the coach or started the engine since I made the settings change so something I may have to do each time. But since I travel a lot and don't sit much, that may be a lot of work. That said does the alarm key of motion or movement? Where is the sensor that someone referenced taping over? Back to the dealer on my way home to get the CO/propane detector changed. Not going to live with frequent beeping.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 05-27-2021, 02:04 PM   #15

THOR #12751
Quote:
I haven't moved the coach or started the engine since I made the settings change so something I may have to do each time. But since I travel a lot and don't sit much, that may be a lot of work. That said does the alarm key of motion or movement? Where is the sensor that someone referenced taping over? Back to the dealer on my way home to get the CO/propane detector changed. Not going to live with frequent beeping.

The internal alarm is based on movement within the the coach. The sensors are located above the uplifter switches. They look like small LED's but they are motion sensors.

You can put electrical tape over them as a more permanent soluton versus always selecting Permiter when it pops up on the dash after shutting off the engine.