Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-23-2018, 05:49 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 22FE
State: Washington
THOR #8606
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentilebrian View Post
I was a little afraid to buy a freedom elite. Started researching and it seems pretty much all the manufactures have similar issues in quality control. Even the 200,000 rvs. So I figured at least buying a low end RV I will feel better if I have issues.

That said I have had mine for a year and half and 23k miles with no problems other then the cheap coach battery that I had to replace after 6 months.
Same model here just bought last Nov. 2017. Question: What type and brand of batteries did you replace with? I have 2 in mine that are standard wet cell batteries that I figure have been in the rig since built. Very cold here in the PNW and in non heated garage and don't seem to hold full charge very long. Don't want to go to 6V system, will stay with 2 12V's.

Old 02-23-2018, 05:53 PM   #22
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentilebrian View Post
I was a little afraid to buy a freedom elite. Started researching and it seems pretty much all the manufactures have similar issues in quality control. Even the 200,000 rvs. So I figured at least buying a low end RV I will feel better if I have issues.

That said I have had mine for a year and half and 23k miles with no problems other then the cheap coach battery that I had to replace after 6 months.
Glad to hear that you're "digging the ride"!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 08:45 PM   #23

Model: Freedom Elite 26HE
State: Illinois
THOR #4282
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve76 View Post
Same model here just bought last Nov. 2017. Question: What type and brand of batteries did you replace with? I have 2 in mine that are standard wet cell batteries that I figure have been in the rig since built. Very cold here in the PNW and in non heated garage and don't seem to hold full charge very long. Don't want to go to 6V system, will stay with 2 12V's.
I got a interstate 29 series from Costco. Normally for my boats I get the 31 series premium from Walmart. I don't boondock so running off a battery isn't much of a problem for me. If it was I would go 6v for sure.

Batteries when they get old don't hold up to cold very well. Its also possible you are bleeding power somewhere. Maybe unhook the battery or put in marine on off switch. I let mine sit for a month at a time in Chicago with no battery issues and my 4 boats (which is 10 batteries) sit all winter again with no battery drainage. A big no no is the battery being in a discharged state for long periods of time.
Old 03-08-2020, 01:51 AM   #24

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Arizona
THOR #12602
I have over 30K on my 2018 Freedom Elite FE24 without any mechanical, electrical, or water leak problems. My only complaint to date are drawer locks not holding up well. I have no regrets with my purchase and look forward to thousands more miles of travel.
Old 03-08-2020, 01:03 PM   #25

Model: Freedom Elite 30FE
State: Mississippi
THOR #14190
We have a 2019 Thor 30FE and it has been great. Couple of issues but both were easy fixes. I agree with another members comments if you see something fix it fast and be done with it. Enjoy
Old 03-08-2020, 08:08 PM   #26

Model: Freedom elite 26HE
State: Wisconsin
THOR #17018
I am looking to double up with 2 house batteries instead of just the one for my Freedom Elite 26HE. I am looking at moving to a “31” size battery. What has anyone here done with regard to replacing and upgrading the battery. Would love to go battleborne lithium’s, but need to stabilize retirement spending before committing so much.
Drkevr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 03:58 AM   #27

State: Louisiana
THOR #18361
i have a 2019 23H with no problems and we are loving it, we do a lot of dry camping , meaning we run on battery power all night and just before daylight the blower motor will wake us up because it is running slower and wakes me up, so a few months back i put two AGM 100 amp hour battery's in and that made all the difference, after running all night and then into late the next day i told my wife we need to run the generator to make sure they stay up threw the night , but i said lets see how long we are able to run the heater, fridge, 1000 watt inverter for TV, and so on, its been 40-45 degs so the heater is on most of the time , and by 6:00 the next day i started the generator, thinking its time but really the blower sounded good, so i chickened out and cranked the gen, two battery's is the way to go
Old 03-15-2020, 12:49 PM   #28

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Perhaps they are mostly rebranding for business purposes.

It seems to me that the Daybreak brand which I hadn’t seen in a while is now associated with Camping World and Ganders.

Ad implies it’s an entry level motorhome based on price point (not that there is anything wrong with that in itself), so may be a replacement of Freedom Elite.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	46DC72E8-ECFE-4363-8AE4-7A155C5C563B.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	22942   Click image for larger version

Name:	EFAF33A3-1B42-4E42-BFCB-0A4038650485.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	22943  

Click image for larger version

Name:	2BBD2662-E7B7-48B2-B6B2-4B5715FC1467.jpg