Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-04-2023, 03:07 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Front seats do swivel around and come with a filler cushion that elevates you to the level of the two fixed seats. 4 can sit up front pretty comfortable. The over cab bunk supports 750 pounds but it's the solution for more storage for us. I left the center section at home...you can stand straight up from the driver's seat. I used to have to crawl out of the front of the Ford. Everything about every camper configuration is a sacrifice one way or the other. This floorplan answered most of my concerns.

Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 05:23 PM   #42

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Thanks. Jayco should consider showing front seats swiveled back in floor plan because it’s a valuable feature. I missed note on floor plan showing they swivel. LTV shows seats in camping position which I think is smart.

Thanks also for mentioning required cushions to equalize sitting elevations. Seats at same elevation are sometimes found on E-Series motorhomes, but not as common on Transit and Mercedes. That’s one feature I prefer about E-Series, along with large gas engine and body-on-frame which allow heavier towing — not that I’ve towed anything heavy in years.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	02E30AC0-4C9B-4152-A24A-79ED302AC3B1.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	41107   Click image for larger version

Name:	F56AD24A-ACDD-4320-B607-FDA43DE0639D.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	41108  

Old 03-05-2023, 06:26 PM   #43

THOR #11130
Jayco could highlight a lot more detail in there advertising. They don't mention the great conversion of the single bed you can make with the front opposing seats either. Or the convenient access panels to the areas behind all the plumbing, TV's and electrical areas. If they would read the competitor's forums on all the issues people have, they would sure key on these features. The Prestige also has a 1,000W inverter that powers 2 outlets...one in the overhead bunk and another over the bed in the back...never mentioned. They are great for that "crock pot" dinner you can make during the day as you travel without use of the generator.
Old 03-05-2023, 07:07 PM   #44

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
Jayco Melbourne Prestige 24NP with rear lounger.
Wow great looking.
Matt talked about it

Old 03-05-2023, 07:57 PM   #45

THOR #11130
That's a lot more thorough video. I did put 3" velcro straps on the bottoms and backs of the front cushions...they kept falling over. There is a "shade style", waterproof shower curtain that pulls forward so you can leave that mid-ship door open forward and have the entire back half private during bathing, etc. Matt calls it a B+, Jayco calls it a C...whatever it is, we are really pleased with the layout and use of space. Thanks for posting this video...I didn't see it when shopping around. Mine has the optional diesel Onan vs the standard LP model.
Old 03-05-2023, 08:00 PM   #46

THOR #20220
Now you guys have us thinking of B. This is a C
Lora likes this

Watch "2023 Wonder Murphy Bed Lounge" on YouTube

Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 08:49 PM   #47

THOR #11130
I looked at those...before you get too excited, check availability and price. They are about 2 years out (rear lounge model) and dealers want MSRP plus 20%.
Old 03-05-2023, 09:39 PM   #48

THOR #20220
Quote:
That's a lot more thorough video. I did put 3" velcro straps on the bottoms and backs of the front cushions...they kept falling over. There is a "shade style", waterproof shower curtain that pulls forward so you can leave that mid-ship door open forward and have the entire back half private during bathing, etc. Matt calls it a B+, Jayco calls it a C...whatever it is, we are really pleased with the layout and use of space. Thanks for posting this video...I didn't see it when shopping around. Mine has the optional diesel Onan vs the standard LP model.
No problem 😊 yours looks amazing. We almost bought a Melbourne 24l in 2015 for 60k but thought too much..wrong
Old 03-05-2023, 09:40 PM   #49

THOR #20220
Quote:
I looked at those...before you get too excited, check availability and price. They are about 2 years out (rear lounge model) and dealers want MSRP plus 20%.
I saw a big order wait. Lora likes the little slide out model
Old 03-06-2023, 01:29 AM   #50

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Jayco could highlight a lot more detail in their advertising. They don't mention the great conversion of the single bed you can make with the front opposing seats either. ……cut….

It appears Jayco revised at least one version of the floor plan to include the single bed. Previously I had seen that bed design only on Sunseeker TS motorhome built on Ford Transit. It is a good way to design a shorter motorhome.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	3401E8FF-3676-4267-8490-6715838DC3AC.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	41133  
Old 03-08-2023, 06:20 PM   #51

THOR #11130
Interestingly, I got an email from Thor today announcing a factory rebate of $7,500 on the Tiburon or Delano in addition to your best deal at the local dealer. As many of you know, I tried real hard to buy a Tiburon. Every unit I looked at had serious defects from the factory (pretty consistent items) as they sat, unsold on dealer's lots...sadly, the dealers showed them anyway and said..."they all come in that way". They must be stacking up on dealer lots unsold causing a backlog at Thor. I'm sure the recall on the parking brake issue with Mercedes contributed to this as well, as sale of all coaches built on this chassis was frozen until resolved. This may be a new trend with Thor across the board. Hopefully they will follow the money (or lack of) and direct more energy to the production process, quality control and reduce/improve their quality issues. As I've stated...Thor has some of the best floorplans out there and the intended designs are gorgeous. What's more important in retail sales are not the ones you get but more importantly, the ones you miss!
Old 03-08-2023, 06:26 PM   #52

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
THOR #12751
Quote:
Interestingly, I got an email from Thor today announcing a factory rebate of $7,500 on the Tiburon or Delano in addition to your best deal at the local dealer. As many of you know, I tried real hard to buy a Tiburon. Every unit I looked at had serious defects from the factory (pretty consistent items) as they sat, unsold on dealer's lots...sadly, the dealers showed them anyway and said..."they all come in that way". They must be stacking up on dealer lots unsold causing a backlog at Thor. I'm sure the recall on the parking brake issue with Mercedes contributed to this as well, as sale of all coaches built on this chassis was frozen until resolved. This may be a new trend with Thor across the board. Hopefully they will follow the money (or lack of) and direct more energy to the production process, quality control and reduce/improve their quality issues. As I've stated...Thor has some of the best floorplans out there and the intended designs are gorgeous. What's more important in retail sales are not the ones you get but more importantly, the ones you miss!

You couldn't have said that better.......

As much as I like Thor Customer Service and their floor plans, I will never purchase another Thor product.... even of they sent me a rebate for $50K.

After two coaches they ruined me such that I won't buy another new coach and it will be something like an Airstream Atlas or other high quality brand.

I won't even purchased anything under the Thor Industries umbrella.... even though some of the brands are better in terms of quality than Thor Motorcoach,
Old 03-08-2023, 07:43 PM   #53
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
You couldn't have said that better.......

As much as I like Thor Customer Service and their floor plans, I will never purchase another Thor product.... even of they sent me a rebate for $50K.

After two coaches they ruined me such that I won't buy another new coach and it will be something like an Airstream Atlas or other high quality brand.

I won't even purchased anything under the Thor Industries umbrella.... even though some of the brands are better in terms of quality than Thor Motorcoach,
You know Thor owns Airstream now? Word on the street is the new units are not the quality of the old units.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 07:49 PM   #54

Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
Quote:
Jayco Melbourne Prestige 24NP with rear lounger.
Hey thats a nice rig. We had the Synergy version of this. Loved it but opted to trade up for more space. I bet you love the way it drives we did. Congrats.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2017 Synergy.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	254.5 KB
ID:	41152  
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 08:04 PM   #55

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
You know Thor owns Airstream now? Word on the street is the new units are not the quality of the old units.
Dang..... you're right... I forgot about that it was so long ago. It's easier to remember the ones from the past 10 years vs 30 years.

From people I have spoken with at campgrounds the past few years I have not heard much about quality issues.

I have been keeping an eye on 2019 - 2022 used models. If I put my SV34 up for sale in the fall when we get back from Alaska, then I might consider a used Atlas. Between the Mercedes chassis and an aluminum roof, I figured it would be fairly solid on the outside. Being used a lot of kinks should be worked out and I can handle the rest.

Thor is like the mafia..... every time you try to get out.... they pull you back in!
Old 03-08-2023, 08:36 PM   #56

THOR #20220
1st thor here vegas 2020 25.6.
The floor plan sold us
Very few issues.
We love our Thor
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 08:36 PM   #57

THOR #11130
Thor=Hotel California
Old 03-08-2023, 08:43 PM   #58

Model: Citation Sprinter 24sa
THOR #13813
Congratulations on your new rig. Weve had our Thor Chateau Sprinter for 5 year and love it. Were planning Jacksonville to Washington State in May. The MB chassis will easily tow a jeep TJ and still get 12 mpg . We've stopped bringing the jeep because its easier to just unplug and site see or shop in the RV. Its small enough to park most places, plus you always have you stuff.
Old 03-09-2023, 02:21 AM   #59

Model: ACE 30.3
State: Iowa
THOR #28145
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
40-year-old News. Wade Thompson and Peter Orthwein purchased Airstream from Beatrice Foods in August 1980 Forming Thor Industries, Inc. The purchase of Airstream was the event that formed Thor Industries.

Former 1996 28' Tiffin Allegro owner
Dan-sr@perra-us.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 08:17 PM   #60

Model: Citation Sprinter 24sa
THOR #13813
Downsized from 31 ft class A to 24 ft B+

We Downsized from 31 ft class A to 24 ft B+. Thor Chatau Sprinter 24 SA. We've had it now 6 years. When we first got I bought a Jeep toad. We don't bring it with us any more. We do a minimum set up and just take the MH with us. we've hadn't had any problems with parking and you always have your stuff with you.
Were taking it Jacksonville to Vancouver in April. We want to try Harvesthost and Boondocking as much as possible. We'll see how it goes.