Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-21-2023, 09:02 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2011 FW Hurricane 33T
State: England
THOR #16471
Here is an Omni that has similar problem(s), may be something in there to help?
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f4...v34-27683.html

Old 03-25-2023, 10:39 PM   #22

Model: Hurrican 34J
State: Texas
THOR #4107
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamprunty View Post
Anyone have a clue? 2022 Thor Magnitude RB34

I have no power to camera or jacks and the slide is in the locked position. I’m thinking it’s tied into the ignition safety feature and it’s not recognizing the ignition is in the on position.

Stuck at Blue Dog Rv.
You mentioned ignition in ON position. On our Hurricane we can't operate the slide if the key is in the ignition, no matter what position.

Cameras get power from Radio, but they don't come on unless you put a turn signal or shift to reverse. (some units will let you turn on cameras from the radio unit without turn or reverse).

if jack are automatic, they should auto-retract as soon as you release the parking brake.

each of the above equipment are fused, so check the fuse box under the dashboard. your owner manual "should" have a list of what fuses go to what equipment.

the "USE/STORE" switch is also involved on letting some stuff work or not. test with it turned one way and the other just in case.

good luck!
Old 03-26-2023, 09:33 AM   #23

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProsperTrail View Post
You mentioned ignition in ON position. On our Hurricane we can't operate the slide if the key is in the ignition, no matter what position.

Not the case with the Super C's (Omni / Magnitude)..... the engine must be running with parking brake set to operate the slides and jack.
Old 03-26-2023, 01:03 PM   #24

Model: Magnitude RB34
State: Montana
THOR #2531
Update

Magnitude works a little differently. The key has to be on, emergency brake on, in park and on some, but not all engine on

Right now it is sitting at Ford Commercial in Iowa at least through Tuesday. Multiple codes. Seems to be pointing to a wiring issue causing the warning lights to go crazy and possibly causing the ignition interlock problem. They started chasing it on the driver side and didn’t find it as far as the radio, no luck. They now have to pull the entire dash to continue to chase problem. The harness contains both Ford and Thor wiring wrapped together.

Seems like this is going to be a process similar to my multiple power train failures. Hopefully Ford or Thor will help me out on the lodging expenses until the repairs are completed. Fingers crossed that it’s all tied into each other and it’s a one stop fix, if not I do have an appointment at Rv repair in Illinois. Hopefully I don’t have to make that trip since it’s our wedding anniversary and not the best way to spend that day.
williamprunty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 04:58 PM   #25

Model: Hurrican 34J
State: Texas
THOR #4107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
Not the case with the Super C's (Omni / Magnitude)..... the engine must be running with parking brake set to operate the slides and jack.
Glad to know!
Old 03-29-2023, 07:34 PM   #26

THOR #2531
Fix

Well it was a fuse, I believe under the right side of the dash, also the relay had to be replaced for fog lights, and wiring harness had to be secured.

I have attached photo of the location of the fuse (I assume sends a signal for the interlock).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A103644C-8992-4B53-B232-4D2A05D54DD6.jpeg
Views:	20
Size:	248.3 KB
ID:	41367  
Old 03-30-2023, 01:22 AM   #27

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamprunty View Post
Well it was a fuse, I believe under the right side of the dash, also the relay had to be replaced for fog lights, and wiring harness had to be secured.

I have attached photo of the location of the fuse (I assume sends a signal for the interlock).

Thanks for keeping us posted. It did seem like an Interlock Issue.

Thor does a terrible job with the wiring…. including the harness they add under the dash that plugs into the ODBII port. I had to clean it up on my Magnitude.

I’ll have to check that fuse location on my coach for future reference.

Thanks again!
Old 03-30-2023, 10:58 PM   #28

THOR #2531
Additional information

Additional photos for clarification of location. There is a little plastic door against the wall below the passenger side dash.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	25F7B533-AA13-4EF9-A4A7-34DE3FA410CC.jpeg
Views:	11
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	41429   Click image for larger version

Name:	D4B89F49-F57E-485B-83F5-8EA2B8DF8071.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	41430  

Tags
bim, ignition control camera, jacks