Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-28-2022, 07:21 PM   #1

State: Florida
THOR #27812
Ladder on Gemini 23TE

Would like to install a ladder on the rear of my Thor Gemini 23TE. (Ford Transit AWD chassis) The fast talking sales guy at an RV show told me it isn't designed for one. I'm suspicious. Any thoughts or experience here? It seems very solid when I tested using the knuckle knock test.

Old 08-29-2022, 01:01 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Welcome to the forum! I can't offer any first hand experience, just a suggestion. Have you considered a collapsible ladder? They sell them at that big dealer/store with the letters C and W, but you'll find them cheaper online.

Our previous coach had a rear slide, so that was my only ladder option.
Old 08-29-2022, 02:09 AM   #3

Model: Compass 23TR
State: Yukon
THOR #13409
I agree with Mr. Sunshine. We own a Compass but the slide is out the rear - no ladder. I looked at installing one - but it was expensive and not recommended. So I bought one of those collapsible ladders. I've only pulled it out once - probably didn't really need to but wanted to justify it. Most of the time, I use a 10 foot step ladder at home. I've been on our roof twice in four years. I don't even get on the roof to put the cover on. (I did some damage on a former motorhome by slipping around up there.)
Old 08-29-2022, 06:15 AM   #4

State: Washington
THOR #6433
I would go with like was said already the collapsible kind. If it didn’t come with one I wouldn’t add one. It’s not like the ones they put on from the factory are that great.