Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Thor Motorhome General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-21-2021, 04:13 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: XG 32 Omni
State: Missouri
THOR #4243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greybear View Post
Nice Omni!

I'm headed to pick up a small aluminum tilt trailer to haul the Razor to Kanab next month, and have been wondering how much drop I'll need on the hitch.

What works for you?
Thank you we love our Omni. On the hitch I have a 10" drop.

Where is Kanab? We are headed to Arkansas next month to do a little trail riding, Mill creek and Buckhorn.

Old 03-21-2021, 04:19 AM   #22

Model: XG 32 Omni
State: Missouri
THOR #4243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
What size wheels and tires does the trailer have?
I've got 15" wheels, and only need about 2 or 3 inches of drop.
Bob, the hitch on the Omni/Magnitude sits pretty high off the ground, much higher than our previous coach's on the E350 and E450, only needed a 3" drop on them. Eventually I will put an adjustable tongue on the trailer so I can use a shorter drop on the ball mount.
Old 03-21-2021, 05:43 AM   #23

State: Washington
THOR #6433
Quote:
Originally Posted by BASSMAN View Post
I feel for all of you who have to deal with the cold, cold weather, I live in Southern California and I never have to do the winter stuff when in storage, I actually use my coach during the fall, winter and spring months and put it in storage during the summer months, some day I might hit the road and do some traveling but my trips to the local desert are what I bought my coach for, I have met a lot of snow birds over the years, I hear all the stories of hitting the road and having to stay in motels because its still too cold to have water in any of the systems, I guess I am spoiled, I do take notes just incase.
I wish we could use our coach during the winter, we are lucky versus most northern states that there are a lot times that we could use it in December and January if we head out to the deserts of Washington state. Typically they are about 10 degrees warmer which doesn’t sound like much but the 25 degrees versus 35 at night can make a big deal. I am okay with it though because it gives me 3 months to get projects done on it: I have a list of things to change it during the year and winter is when I get most of it done.
Old 03-21-2021, 11:37 AM   #24

Model: Hurricane
State: North Carolina
THOR #21309
Ready to go

Spent this past week uncovering the Hurricane..fixing the commode..testing systems, and leave today for a five night stay. So excited to get away from home base for a bit! Not expecting the best weather, but that is why we love having an RV as opposed to a tent! I am so ready to relax and forget about my “essential “ job duties. Cheers to a great 2021 season!!!
Old 03-21-2021, 05:21 PM   #25

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamonium View Post
You are one lucky ��! We fared horribly in the 10 day freeze out down here in New Braunfels!!! Busted water filter, busted water heater that replacement is not available ANYWHERE, busted kitchen faucet (so far, this is the damage that’s been identified). We have a trip scheduled next weekend that we will keep, possibly without some necessities! Got to get out of here, but our “tent” will certainly be a fancy 2020 Thor Magnitude!!!

We traveled to Texas from Indiana in February just in time to get caught in the polar vortex. Winterized and hunkered down but didn’t drain the water heater thinking that the tank was mostly inside (it’s under the kitchen sink) and I ran the propane burner a time or two each day. Nope! Somehow it must have frozen as it started leaking from the tank. With nothing much to do whilst frozen I found that I could buy a new tank for $300 or a whole new heater for $425. I opted for the latter and will keep everything removable from my old one for spares. Even during the freeze I only found a few sources in stock. I’m not surprised heaters are scarce. Hope you find one before your trip!
Old 03-21-2021, 07:19 PM   #26

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Bassman you are spoiled! Our weather i think is good for a while will clean sanitize water system

Can't wait to hit the road..just changed the generator oil!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210321-131731_Weather.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	29260  
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 07:32 PM   #27
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
We're looking at temperatures reaching into the sixties this week. That ought to kick the snot out of the snowbanks around here...
Old 03-21-2021, 09:46 PM   #28

Model: A.C.E. 27.2
THOR #14698
Had our G son over yesterday and he uncovered the ACE. Will have to move it onto drive to put down the levelers and run out the slides. We keep it winterized for another few weeks, March & April freezes and snows are pretty common around here. This is a good time for a roof inspection as it is not to hot up there yet! I see I need to replace my Winegard antenna it lost a battle to a tree branch last fall
Roadmaster Invisibrake
MJC62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 10:49 PM   #29

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: California
THOR #11365
New interior items

Love this Forum, we read it religiously....but will finally post a response to this thread as we're just about to head out on next 6-8 week roadtrip (Hurricane 31S) and have continued lots of additions/upgrades....latest are a new pantry slide out and replaced our couch with 2 recliners + small cabinet (now our booze cabinet!). Hope the photos will appear!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	new pantry slide out.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	29490   Click image for larger version

Name:	new recliners.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	29491  

Old 03-30-2021, 11:28 PM   #30

THOR #20220
DENISC where did you order the pantry..
What size. Cost ..and youtube how to link?

Nice looking pantry
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
Old 03-30-2021, 11:47 PM   #31

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: California
THOR #11365
Amazon as usual!

Here’s the link for the pantry...DH removed top shelf & installed it on next shelf, to which he’d added a bit of reinforcement layer of 1/2” plywood. Of course, with it full of my pantry stuff, it flew out rounding a corner so now have small tension rod in place, which is my preference...https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H45N1K0/
It’s awesome!

Old 03-31-2021, 04:22 AM   #32

State: Washington
THOR #6433
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenisC View Post
Love this Forum, we read it religiously....but will finally post a response to this thread as we're just about to head out on next 6-8 week roadtrip (Hurricane 31S) and have continued lots of additions/upgrades....latest are a new pantry slide out and replaced our couch with 2 recliners + small cabinet (now our booze cabinet!). Hope the photos will appear!
That is a pretty pantry
Old 03-31-2021, 09:04 PM   #33

Model: Forest River Forester 235
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenisC View Post
Here’s the link for the pantry...DH removed top shelf & installed it on next shelf, to which he’d added a bit of reinforcement layer of 1/2” plywood. Of course, with it full of my pantry stuff, it flew out rounding a corner so now have small tension rod in place, which is my preference...https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H45N1K0/
It’s awesome!

Well that’s darn nifty. Our pantry, useful as it is, is a black hole sometimes. I’ll go measure soonest!!
Old 03-31-2021, 09:17 PM   #34

THOR #20220
Great thx