RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
 

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Thor Motorhome General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 01-11-2021, 04:51 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
Posts: 2
THOR #21596
Connecting my PC to my tv via hdmi

I have a 2021 Thor Chateau with a 40" Axxera tv. I connect my pc to my tv via hdmi. I went to setup on the tv and changed to input to the appropriate hdmi port but I cant make it work. Any ideas?
__________________

__________________
Harold&Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 05:42 AM   #2
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
Posts: 8
THOR #20541
Welcome to the forum!

Several things you can try out that could isolate the problem. Please give them a try and report back and I can try to help further based on what you find. Also, if none of these help could you please go in to a bit more detail about what's not working (i.e. black screen, tv says no signal, picture quality not what you expect, etc.)
  • Use the same HDMI cable and PC on a different tv. If it works you know the cable isn't bad. You should do this first anyways to verify your PC is properly outputting video.
  • Do you know for certain the HDMI port works on the tv? Is the DVD player plugged into one input on the tv in question? If so, take the HDMI cable for the DVD player out of the TV and try to connect your PC to the HDMI port that the DVD player was connected to. If that works then the port may be bad. Try to connect the DVD player to the HDMI port you were previously trying to connect the PC to.
  • Try a different HDMI cable

I can continue to add ideas but let's start here. Good luck!
__________________

__________________
Rvdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 06:09 AM   #3
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
Posts: 2
THOR #21596
Connecting my PC to my tv via hdmi

Thank you for your quick response. I will give them a try and let you know.
__________________
Harold&Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 12:32 PM   #4
I Think We're Lost!
 
Bob Denman's Avatar
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
Posts: 17,744
THOR #8860
Welcome to the Forum!
__________________
Good Sam Member 843599689
Current coach: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 01:37 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Siesta 24SS
State: California
Posts: 976
THOR #12698
Welcome to the forum. Good luck with the PC to TV project. Let us know how it turns out.


Paul
__________________
paulwadley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 03:10 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
PictureTheSouth's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 27K
State: North Carolina
Posts: 170
THOR #11007
You didn't mention your laptop make/model. You very likely need to select/activate your HDMI display from the keyboard. If you have a Dell, it's possibly the FN - F8 key combo (with the HDMI cable plugged in, so the device can see it....)
__________________
PictureTheSouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 03:14 PM   #7
I Think We're Lost!
 
Bob Denman's Avatar
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
Posts: 17,744
THOR #8860
Might as well hook it up to the PC, and use it for gaming...

__________________
Good Sam Member 843599689
Current coach: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 09:52 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
The_Breeze's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31L
State: Florida
Posts: 1,668
THOR #12189
Quote:
Originally Posted by PictureTheSouth View Post
You didn't mention your laptop make/model. You very likely need to select/activate your HDMI display from the keyboard. If you have a Dell, it's possibly the FN - F8 key combo (with the HDMI cable plugged in, so the device can see it....)
I get a pic, no sound, VGA or HDMI. Gave up. Any thoughts?

FN+F8 on an inspiron is fast reverse for the cd.
FN+F1 is switch to remote screen.

Don't need to use in either scenario. Just need to change the TV source.
__________________
The_Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 10:12 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
ducksface's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
Posts: 2,842
THOR #13932
I own a couple of one way HDMI cables.
Flip the cable end to end if nothing else works.
__________________
Below is a link to most of my modifications either accomplished or pending.
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...n-18996-3.html

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 05:59 AM   #10
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
Posts: 8
THOR #20541
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Breeze View Post
I get a pic, no sound, VGA or HDMI. Gave up. Any thoughts?

FN+F8 on an inspiron is fast reverse for the cd.
FN+F1 is switch to remote screen.

Don't need to use in either scenario. Just need to change the TV source.
VGA will not give you sound without a separate audio cable. There are options but hopefully this can be solved with HDMI since it''s a bit easier. When plugged in with HDMI does the sound come out of the computer still or does the computer sound turn off? If the sound still outputs from the computer you will want to look at the sound settings for your computer (not sure what version of Windows you're on) but here is a link to an article that covers some generic sound issues. It's for HP but doesn't matter since it's the Windows operating system. Look at step 2:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01186408

If the sound stops coming out of the computer it's likely that it's trying to play through the tv in some capacity. It could be outputting a signal (like DTS or Dolby) that your TV cannot understand but it's unlikely. I'd still try the steps in the article and see if that resolves it. If not try a different cable as well. Keep me posted please!
__________________
Rvdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 07:08 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
The_Breeze's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31L
State: Florida
Posts: 1,668
THOR #12189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvdad View Post
VGA will not give you sound without a separate audio cable. There are options but hopefully this can be solved with HDMI since it''s a bit easier. When plugged in with HDMI does the sound come out of the computer still or does the computer sound turn off? If the sound still outputs from the computer you will want to look at the sound settings for your computer (not sure what version of Windows you're on) but here is a link to an article that covers some generic sound issues. It's for HP but doesn't matter since it's the Windows operating system. Look at step 2:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01186408

If the sound stops coming out of the computer it's likely that it's trying to play through the tv in some capacity. It could be outputting a signal (like DTS or Dolby) that your TV cannot understand but it's unlikely. I'd still try the steps in the article and see if that resolves it. If not try a different cable as well. Keep me posted please!

Absolutely no sound. Thanks for the link! Tie to dig in.
__________________
The_Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:14 PM   #12
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
Posts: 12
THOR #21176
My first thought would be the HDMI cable. Also, there’s a universal windows 7 and 10 hot key to show your screen up on a monitor/tv: win+p

Also keep in mind some apps may refuse to display on the tv if it doesn’t support certain encryption which was the case for the axerra’s in my 2021 24.1. Replaced them with cheap TCL Roku tv’s.
__________________

__________________
Selurgniman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
axxera tv

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 01:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
×