Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2022, 10:39 AM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: North Carolina
THOR #5767
No Heater

I have a 24rs Thor Citation Only the blower starts . Propane does not ignite. Cleaned all terminals and reset many times. Afraid to take out the gas valve. any ideas or am i on my way to the dealer. thanks Howard

Old 10-20-2022, 10:53 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Traveller A27
THOR #17765
Do the burners on your stove ignite? How bout fridge on propane? Does it cool? Thinking maybe just need to bleed air out of line.
Old 10-20-2022, 11:06 AM   #3

THOR #5767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard1257 View Post
I have a 24rs Thor Citation Only the blower starts . Propane does not ignite. Cleaned all terminals and reset many times. Afraid to take out the gas valve. any ideas or am i on my way to the dealer. thanks Howard
I do have propne. Gen workk Hot Water Workd etc
Old 10-20-2022, 11:25 AM   #4

THOR #17765
Doesn’t your generator run on diesel? How about stove? Is it propane? Does it ignite?
Old 10-20-2022, 01:49 PM   #5

Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Yes you are on your way to a dealer unless can find a mobile tech to come by to take a look at to see what you have to isolate the problem, or if you can provide enough information for someone hat cannot see what you have to assist online.

What we know.
Gas burners on your heaters ae not coming on but it is blowing air

What we do not know.
What else runs on propane and does everything else works with propane?
Confirmation propane tank is not empty?
What exactly are you resetting ( the heater?) what type is it warranty etc.

I have had similar with hot water after gas had been cut off for propane fill, I had to press reset button on hot water heater, but there are two buttons that look just alike; but only one was the actual reset. Just saying there are many variables but to best help, more info is needed. FWIW I marked the correct reset button., the other turns out to be a placeholder as there was no switch behind the button
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 02:15 PM   #6
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Does it try to ignite? Do you hear the ignitor clicking? What model furnace?
Does the water heater right below it work on propane?
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 10:29 AM   #7

THOR #5767
Yes both and they work. Does the RV need to be level? I checked the ignitor it looked ok.
Old 10-21-2022, 10:51 AM   #8

THOR #17765
Quote:
Yes both and they work. Does the RV need to be level? I checked the ignitor it looked ok.
Yes, you hear it clicking? Does the stove ignite? Please be more specific with your answer detail.

Yes, your coach needs to be level.
Old 10-21-2022, 11:41 AM   #9

Model: A. C. E. 30.1
State: Indiana
THOR #1488
Could be your control board down by the furnace could be bad. Call Dinasour Electronics and they will help you troubleshoot the problem. All you need is a multi-meter and their technician will take you step by step through it. Jim.
Old 10-21-2022, 12:27 PM   #10

THOR #5767
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04fxsts View Post
Could be your control board down by the furnace could be bad. Call Dinasour Electronics and they will help you troubleshoot the problem. All you need is a multi-meter and their technician will take you step by step through it. Jim.
that board looks questionable at one corner. Kind of yellowish in one corner. Thanks for info on Dinasour electronic
Old 10-26-2022, 06:38 PM   #11

State: New York
THOR #21937
There is also a "heat fuse". If it gets too hot, the fuse melts and cuts all power to the circuitry that controls the flow of propane. I had one blow once. I bought a five-pack of replacements for around $10 or so.
JeffThor325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 10:06 PM   #12

Model: Four Winds 22E
State: California
THOR #27561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo56 View Post
Yes, you hear it clicking? Does the stove ignite? Please be more specific with your answer detail.

Yes, your coach needs to be level.
Why does the RV have to be level for the heater to run? I was looking at the troubleshooting guide for my Suburban (Airxcel) heater and it doesn't show any incline switch and it doesn't mention that the heater must be level to start. I have seen tip switches on portable heaters but not fixed heaters.
Old 10-26-2022, 10:09 PM   #13

Model: Four Winds 22E
State: California
THOR #27561
Quote:
What brand of heater is it? I have a service and training manual for Suburban (Airxcel). If it isn't trying to ignite (as others said you should be able to hear the sparking) then the airflow switch could be bad.
Old 10-27-2022, 09:49 AM   #14

THOR #5767
I did not see any fuse on the circuit board.I think I will be going to the repair shop
Old 10-27-2022, 12:28 PM   #15

Model: A. C. E. 30.1
State: Indiana
THOR #1488
Quote:
that board looks questionable at one corner. Kind of yellowish in one corner. Thanks for info on Dinasour electronic
If you mean yellowish on the bottom side solder connections it is toast. Just went through this again with DE and they said if any of the solder joints on the back are copper or yellow color that indicates a short.. Mine appeared to have been wet in the area of the copper color joint so figured I would be buying a new one. Tech said to send it in and if still under warranty they would fix. One week later it was back home, new board and yes it was water damage. They included a note that I need to address the water problem because they will only warranty it once for water damage.
I think that is fine service to warranty for water damage, not in any way their fault and good turn around time. If you do buy anything from them make sure you fill out and send in the warranty card. Jim.
Old 10-27-2022, 08:12 PM   #16

Model: ACE 30.1
State: Texas
THOR #5206
I didn’t see anyone mention the “sail switch”. The fan starts before the burner lights so that if the air flow isn’t happening the furnace isn’t being flooded with propane to explode when ignited. You could check it or get a replacement ( should be under 20$)