Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Thor Motorhome General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-23-2022, 12:42 AM   #21
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker21 View Post
My question on this is why would anyone think that a factory who couldn't get it right the first time they had it would be able to to repair it satisfactorily later?
Because it's not the factory doing the repair. it's a dedicated repair facility with the full resources of Thor's build knowledge, facilities, and materials to do extensive repairs to better than new standards, manned by their best technicians.

2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 02:43 AM   #22

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker21 View Post
My question on this is why would anyone think that a factory who couldn't get it right the first time they had it would be able to to repair it satisfactorily later?
Thor MC sells all the coaches they can make to knowable people who know to get all visible defects repaired before buying. They also sell to newbies who think that since is cost as much as a Mercedes, and it should have the quality and comfort of a Mercedes. The only time I as able to pry warranty info out of plant 750's accountants was in 2018. The average for all 2,100+ class A coaches produced in the 2016 model year was under $1,000. I guess I brought the average down as my warranty cost was $78 at MHSRV to repair the wiring at the water heater relay while I waited and $166 to Youngbloods RV to replace the LED in the patio awning roll.
Thor MC contract is with the dealer not with the owner. They produce exactly what the dealer wants at an acceptance price point. If quality suffers, that ok if the price point is there.

If you want a better built, coach try Newmar, Winnie, Tiffin or Jayco and there is always Newell for the discerning. There is a reason there is a "Camp Newmar" in Nappanee with 67 full hookup spots for $50 a night. It seems "Camp Newnar" is just outside the 28 bay Newmar repair barn and those lucky 50 are just waiting for their turn in the barn. In 2018 there were 3 London Aires waiting for their. I don't mean to single out Newmar because there is the same sort of operation at the Entegra factory just south of Middlebury.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 04:20 AM   #23

Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post

If you want a better built, coach try Newmar, Winnie, Tiffin or Jayco and there is always Newell for the discerning. .
Or a Renegade!!
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 04:21 AM   #24

Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Because it's not the factory doing the repair. it's a dedicated repair facility with the full resources of Thor's build knowledge, facilities, and materials to do extensive repairs to better than new standards, manned by their best technicians.
Said with all the sincerity and straight face you could muster.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 05:57 PM   #25

Model: ACE 30.3
State: Iowa
THOR #28145
I just stopped at a NIRVC ( National Indoor RV Center ) location in Phoenix just to kick some tires on Diesel pushers. When I remarked to the salesman that I did not see any Thor motorhome. He told me that NIRVC does not sell Thor. If they do take a Thor in on trade it is immediately resold to a wholesaler.

Former 1996 28' Tiffin Allegro owner
Dan-sr@perra-us.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 02:08 AM   #26

State: Nevada
THOR #21307
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Old 03-09-2024, 05:27 PM   #27

Model: challenger 37FH
State: Delaware
THOR #13399
And yet you all still own Thor and when someone comes here with a problem you bash
Old 03-12-2024, 03:09 AM   #28
MLP

State: California
THOR #17478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-sr@perra-us.net View Post
I just stopped at a NIRVC ( National Indoor RV Center ) location in Phoenix just to kick some tires on Diesel pushers. When I remarked to the salesman that I did not see any Thor motorhome. He told me that NIRVC does not sell Thor. If they do take a Thor in on trade it is immediately resold to a wholesaler.
Thor sell a lot of entry level diesel pushers. NIRVC sell mid to upper level diesel pushers. They don't mess with the lower end of the RV market. On the other hand, you can still get a good motor home at the entry level by doing doing a really good inspection. It will not drive, ride, or will the quality of the seats and other things be the same as the upper level units. The ones who care and have the money go to NIRVC or purchase a used one.