Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Travel | Camping Spots | Roads and Routes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-26-2021, 01:56 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #10043
FHU = Full hook ups
Our last vacation, we stopped at 5 or 6 HH sites. I can’t complain - it was awesome!

Old 09-26-2021, 02:50 AM   #22

Model: Magnitude RB34
State: Montana
THOR #2531
Yes it’s worth it

We first signed up when it was $49. We love to stop at wineries that are host. You can’t beat consuming wine for a few hours and then going back to the Rv to finish off your wine for the night.
Old 09-26-2021, 04:29 AM   #23

Brand: Cruiser
Model: Georgetown 30x3
State: Idaho
THOR #17441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geronimo73 View Post
FHU = Full hook ups
Our last vacation, we stopped at 5 or 6 HH sites. I can’t complain - it was awesome!
Thanks.

I rarely stay at such and never use FHUs.

The prices I see for them are well above my interest level. I prefer $0 but will go to $25 in hot summer when I need ACs for more than a couple hours. I camp mostly in ID, NV, and UT at high elevation so in past years rarely use AC. This year has been an exception.
Old 09-26-2021, 03:54 PM   #24

Model: RW28
State: Florida
THOR #12200
We've used HH a few times in the past few years. We definitely like the wineries and museums but when we travel we will have an end destination and time we have to be there but the rest of the trip is just wandering and exploring. We don't know where we will be tomorrow, which sometimes makes using HH a difficult thing as most HH sites require a 24 hours notice/request. Heck I can't tell you where I'm gonna be 2.4 hours from now much the less 24 hours from now. I might be 5 miles down the road or 500 miles up the road. Unlike most CG where we can just pull in or call quickly and see if they have a spot available, HH require advance notice. Our HH membership has never paid for itself but it is a nice option to have when it can be used.
Old 09-26-2021, 04:13 PM   #25

Brand: Cruiser
Model: Georgetown 30x3
State: Idaho
THOR #17441
Boondockerswelcome.com doesn’t have a fixed advance notice requirement. But the host must respond.
Old 09-27-2021, 08:06 PM   #26

Model: Palazzo 36.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #13712
So far we have been able to use it once, with adding the Golf package, I think it's worth it - more so out in the central and western states, as there seem to be more locations than on the east coast. Our plan is 1-2 days at a HH and then a paid CG to dump and fill tanks. We will get there - some of the sites have amazing views.

Enjoy the journey, one day at a time!
Chuck and Mary Ann is offline   Reply With Quote