When I did a walk-through with the dealer when I picked up my 2115 Vegas a couple months ago he casually mentioned I had 3 cigarette type plugs on the radio console and one 2-USB outlet. Thought "okay" and went on to the next thing.
Two weeks ago as we were getting ready to head to Medoc State Park I decided to use the 2-USB outlet to charge a couple of things on the road. Noticed about 30 minutes later they were not charging. Found no wires hooked to backside of USB outlet. Also discovered 1 cigarette-type plug had only a hot wire and another no wires.
So I finally got around to pulling the radio off the dash this weekend and found
(1) set of hot and ground wires just dangling off a cigarette-type outlet so I hooked them up. Bingo-I had power.
(2) another set of hot and ground wires were tucked against the firewall so I pulled them forward and hooked to the USB outlet. Bingo-I had power
(3) Will bridge between two outlets so I can piggyback a ground to make the outlet without a ground wire (at least one I could find) work.
(4) a loose CEC76 screw-type cord was hanging down. It is the same type used for the back-up cameras. Couldn't find a use for it so I coiled it, wire tied it, tucked it up and out of the way.
(5) disconnected the IPod hook-up that was sticking out of the "coin tray" on the bottom of the radio. I don't have IPod so it was just an eye sore.
Wonder how the previous owner existed with only one 12V power source or if the dealer actually checked the unit out before putting it up for sale!.
Guess I should be happy that I found problems that took only sweat and labor (mine) to fix and move on to my next project - going to either paint or sew an American flag to the forward facing side of the nightshade. Will look cool and won't have to worry about GF leaving another flag and flag cover at the last campground.
YNCM USN-Retired (64-90)
RVN (Tet 68)
2015 Thor Vegas 24.1