Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-06-2016, 05:23 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Maryland
THOR #1961
Axis 24.1 Shower Low Water Flow

Anyone having a problem with low water flow for the shower? All other faucets etc are working fine.

Old 03-06-2016, 06:11 PM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Have you removed the shower head to see if that is the problem? The Oxygenics shower head really increases the water pressure coming out of the shower. It is a worthwhile upgrade. If that is not the problem, the piping runs from the water tank under the starboard bed to the back of the coach and then under the bed. If you have a blockage, you may be able to blow it out from there.
Old 03-06-2016, 06:59 PM   #3
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
THOR #2829
I think water pressure (or lack of) is most noticeable at the shower.. so even if the rest appear fine - might still be something overall.
Last time I had an issue - I was on city water and it was the pressure regulator I had at the campground hookup... removing that solved the issue (after verifying the pressure with a neighbors gauge.)
Narrowed it down to the supply coming in by switching to the water pump... Shower worked fine that way.

I do agree with Oneilkeys, the Oxygenics showerhead is a worthwhile upgrade... and one of the easiest to do as well. Added that to our Hurricane on this trip - and it works great.
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 12:08 AM   #4

State: Maryland
THOR #1961
Shower low flow.

Thanks for the help. I decided to pull the hose off the faucets and found good water flow. Then I took the shower head off the hose and found a water restrictor with three very small holes that I removed. That solved the problem. I still may get a new head, but for now I am happy.
Old 05-08-2016, 12:26 AM   #5

Model: 25.2 axis
State: South Carolina
THOR #3992
Water

We have low water in a shower also really can't seem to find the problem we checked the screen all the lines seem to be working the way they said it's just that the shower has no water pressure we have a oxygenated shower head that's the only way my wife can get the cream rinse out of your hair
Old 05-08-2016, 07:11 AM   #6

THOR #1765
Do you have water pressure out of both hot and cold water at the sink? If you do and you have neither hot not cold water pressure at the shower, it almost has to be the line from where the shower breaks from the sink. Did you remove the shower head and still no water? I do not know the year of your Axis. Do you have the year that the shower comes off if the sink faucet or does yours come out of the wall? If your is the faucet year and you have pressure out of the faucet, then it is the diverter at the faucet or the line.
Old 05-08-2016, 09:46 AM   #7

THOR #3992
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneilkeys View Post
Do you have water pressure out of both hot and cold water at the sink? If you do and you have neither hot not cold water pressure at the shower, it almost has to be the line from where the shower breaks from the sink. Did you remove the shower head and still no water? I do not know the year of your Axis. Do you have the year that the shower comes off if the sink faucet or does yours come out of the wall? If your is the faucet year and you have pressure out of the faucet, then it is the diverter at the faucet or the line.
I have the 2016 axis 25.2 we've had it since March manufactured in February E450 with 6-speed just no water pressure in the shower I was thinking about putting some air to the lines to see if maybe there was something blocking the lines better water pressure when using the water in the holding tank City Water connection is where I have the problem I use a water regulator it seems to be working properly thanks for your feedback this is a great website for those of us who really don't know what we're doing also check the kitchen the bathroom sink plus the shower for any blockage the screen under the jack knife sofa nothing seems to be wrong
Old 05-08-2016, 02:33 PM   #8

Model: Four Winds 28A Class C
State: Vermont
THOR #4117
I think most RV showers have a pressure/flow reducing mechanism, as SailingVehicle found in his shower. I have one in mine.

I elected to keep the flow reducer in place and bought an Oxygenics shower head. That gives me a good shower while using less water so I don't fill the grey tank too fast.

Unless you always have full hookups, leave the flow reducer in place and get an Oxygenics shower head. Navy showers also help, especially when you have no hookups.
Old 05-08-2016, 03:10 PM   #9

THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by nautiquecowboy View Post
I have the 2016 axis 25.2 we've had it since March manufactured in February E450 with 6-speed just no water pressure in the shower I was thinking about putting some air to the lines to see if maybe there was something blocking the lines better water pressure when using the water in the holding tank City Water connection is where I have the problem I use a water regulator it seems to be working properly thanks for your feedback this is a great website for those of us who really don't know what we're doing also check the kitchen the bathroom sink plus the shower for any blockage the screen under the jack knife sofa nothing seems to be wrong
You have the new version, like my 2016 with the shower handles on the wall. If you have good water pressure at the sink and poor water pressure at the shower, then you must have a blockage between the shower head and the T in the line where the sink and shower lines hook into the line that feeds them. That line runs around the head of the beds and to the water tank and pump on the other side of the coach.

However, if you have no cold or hot at the shower, then it seems unlikely that both hot and cold lines are blocked. Do you either hot or cold pressure at the head? Have you tried taking the shower head off an seeing if you have pressure without it? I am not sure the oxygenator shower head requires the regulator. Especially because you can easily regulate the flow from the handles. Before I blew any lines, I would check the shower head and the small disk in the shower head line. If you need to blow the lines, the easiest place to disconnect them is near the water tank.
Old 05-08-2016, 03:13 PM   #10

THOR #1765
Sorry, just realized you have the 25.2, so your water line routing is different from my 24.1
Old 05-08-2016, 06:17 PM   #11

THOR #3992
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenbear View Post
I think most RV showers have a pressure/flow reducing mechanism, as SailingVehicle found in his shower. I have one in mine.

I elected to keep the flow reducer in place and bought an Oxygenics shower head. That gives me a good shower while using less water so I don't fill the grey tank too fast.

Unless you always have full hookups, leave the flow reducer in place and get an Oxygenics shower head. Navy showers also help, especially when you have no hookups.
Thanks for your help
Old 05-08-2016, 06:18 PM   #12

THOR #3992
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneilkeys View Post
You have the new version, like my 2016 with the shower handles on the wall. If you have good water pressure at the sink and poor water pressure at the shower, then you must have a blockage between the shower head and the T in the line where the sink and shower lines hook into the line that feeds them. That line runs around the head of the beds and to the water tank and pump on the other side of the coach.

However, if you have no cold or hot at the shower, then it seems unlikely that both hot and cold lines are blocked. Do you either hot or cold pressure at the head? Have you tried taking the shower head off an seeing if you have pressure without it? I am not sure the oxygenator shower head requires the regulator. Especially because you can easily regulate the flow from the handles. Before I blew any lines, I would check the shower head and the small disk in the shower head line. If you need to blow the lines, the easiest place to disconnect them is near the water tank.
I'll give it a try see what happens thanks
Old 05-09-2016, 01:57 AM   #13

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
THOR #1589
Seems that there was a problem with water pressure mentioned before, and the eventual root of the problem was that the outside shower valves were open. Even though the water flow was shut off at the head, it somehow reduced the pressure inside the coach. Closing those valves fixed the problem. Not sure if that is your problem, but it's easy to check.