Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-26-2019, 06:12 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Ok, I just wanted to point out that may not be for everyone and it has some hazzards.

But I im sure it works fine.

2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 08:50 PM   #42

State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnerFam View Post
sounds like you need to check your specific gravity readings in each cell - easy to do with a simple and inexpensive 'float bulb' reader you can find at any auto store. you probably have a cell, or cells, that have lost their electrolyte levels and are no more holding their power.

I've had these 'stock' batteries for over 4 1/2 years, almost 5 since they were installed originally at the factory, and I can admit that they are more than likely NOT the problem just because they are 'stock' factory batteries - most batteries will last a long, long time if maintained, not overly discharged too often, or too long, and kept at good charge levels often.
Recently, I had an issue that I thought was my inverter or a device in my battery bay(a solenoid), which was causing my Inverter to suddenly shut off, for no apparent reason. It was simply low specific gravity in two cells on the #4 6v House battery.
I removed the suspect battery, drained it fully, filled with distilled water, ran thru several full Charging cycles over several days, drained again, filled with Battery Acid(found at most any auto parts store), ran thru several more Full charge cycles over several days - and the battery is now back in business, just like before.

Most folks who just 'assume' that 'stock' batteries are somehow inferior or different or cheaper than batteries that they themselves can buy, are just using an excuse that relieves them from any culpability in the maintenance of their batteries.
Your new batteries will likely have the same outcome if you do nothing differently than you've done before, no matter the brand or the price.

I would say that by your explanation in your original post that you have not stayed aware of how far you are allowing your inverter or 12v usage to pull down your batteries before you are then trying to recharge them. When they fall below 12, you are helping to do them damage yourself.
Also, don't assume that just because you have hit the 'salesman's' 12v disconnect switch that 'everything' should be off - they are not. Some devices require constant battery power to save their settings, continue to monitor Co2 and propane levels, etc... which will still draw down the batteries over days or weeks.
Well stated, should help many people
Old 01-31-2019, 03:40 PM   #43

Model: 2017 Windsport 34J
State: Alabama
THOR #5645
Inverter Remote Wiring

Back to the original problem with his remote inverter converter panel showing 0.00 volts. This happened to me last year. The inverter is connected to the remote control panel by the door in my Windsport by RJ11 cable. The cable is connected to the panel pigtail by a RJ11 feedthrough connector. The jack on the inverter side was not fully seated so it worked its way loose. It was making enough of a connection to power the panel but not enough to control the inverter. When I reseated the jack the inverter came back online. You may want to check that connector.
WarEagleDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 06:10 AM   #44

State: California
THOR #14070
Quote:
Originally Posted by motofabio View Post
Absolutely love that. I have one that plugs into a battery tender type pigtail, but yours is MUCH better. Found it on Amazon and it’s already in my cart! Here it is:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0721PQCKD..._6YuqCb44G4G8K

Finally had some time and dry enough weather to install this. I made a mount inside the battery compartment.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7673.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	427.7 KB
ID:	15734