Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-13-2020, 03:04 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
THOR #18293
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlesore View Post
Yes I watched the vid.
I suspect that the former owner moved the battery to the lower position for ease of install...
This was an abandoned unit that I took over and got the title for (only 19,000 miles though) so I guess anything is possible. The way the cables are coming out of the wiring harness someone must have really known what they were doing to relocate it, so that 's good news. Also, the upper tray is the same size exactly as the middle tray (as if they were meant to hold the same size battery) and the smaller bottom tray is the exact measurement for the stock chassis battery. Based on that, I'm not sure it was a relocation as much as a weird/custom stock configuration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlesore View Post
Yes I watched the vid.
...as it is now you do not have any power to the coach.. just to the chassis.
I have seen an Infinity that had the chassis battery where yours is, and the house batteries were under the lid for the steps.
So, I relocated my deep cycle battery to the middle tray and hooked up the cables for the AUX/Coach and got a new chassis battery (which fit perfectly in the passenger-side lower tray) and hooked up the chassis cables. Everything is working great. I'll get another deep cycle in the future to put in the upper tray but the huge one I have for now will suffice until then.

Thanks everyone for all the help!

Old 03-13-2020, 03:52 PM   #22

Brand: Still Looking
Model: SOB
State: South Dakota
THOR #3916
Really happy that You got the "mess" figgered out..ENJOY!
Thor Infinity
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 06:39 PM   #23

State: Indiana
THOR #14753
Ole25

I have basically the same coach. Mine is a 34 ft 2000. My starting battery is located on the passenger side location @ the bottom of the radiator. I have 2- 12 volt house batteries behind the first door behind the front tire. Mine are tied together by a latching relay inside a plastic box under the hood, above the engine. You may have a manual disconnect instead.
Old 03-18-2020, 06:40 PM   #24

Model: Infinity
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #12753
We have a 2000 Infinity 35D our house batteries are in a storage bin by the door and just the Chassis battery was in the front of the coach.
Old 03-18-2020, 07:18 PM   #25

Model: Freedom Elite 30FE
State: Massachusetts
THOR #17264
Also having Battery Whoas Please help

I have a 2017 Thor Freedom Elite 30 FE .. Has only One Battery but I went to put it back in after winter charge. There are Three wires two are red and one black.. The weird thing is one of the Red Goes to the Frame so I assume that is the ground ( weird that it is red though ).. The other is Black which "assume is negative and should be on the negative mount along with the ground correct? and then the other red that leads to the camper cabin would be the positive? I have attached a picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Wires.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	216.1 KB
ID:	22972  
Old 03-18-2020, 08:05 PM   #26

THOR #14753
Dunny33
I would double check that red cable you said was a frame ground. Your unit is too new for such an after market mistake. Get an ohms meter & mark wires as you go. Another thing that seems hard to believe is that you have no “house” batteries. Get under your coach & track those wires.
Old 03-18-2020, 08:09 PM   #27

THOR #14753
Arcalan
Might have been an auxiliary start battery. Many diesel & some big bore gas trucks do this to add more cranking volume.
Old 03-20-2020, 02:53 PM   #28

Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
State: Florida
THOR #15553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunny33 View Post
I have a 2017 Thor Freedom Elite 30 FE .. Has only One Battery but I went to put it back in after winter charge. There are Three wires two are red and one black.. The weird thing is one of the Red Goes to the Frame so I assume that is the ground ( weird that it is red though ).. The other is Black which "assume is negative and should be on the negative mount along with the ground correct? and then the other red that leads to the camper cabin would be the positive? I have attached a picture.
Follow each of those wires. black will be ground. There should be a 4th wire.

Tags
batteries, batteries hookup?