Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
 

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-17-2020, 06:52 PM   #1
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
Posts: 34
THOR #9084
Levelers

We just returned home from a trip. Parked Class A ace and levelers down. However, not balanced in driveway. We tried to retract levelers and they won't come up. Tried turning generator on to see if that would help as someone had suggested that on a forum. Well, generator won't come on either. I'm not sure where breaker is for leveler. Any suggesting would be most helpful.

__________________
Maxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 10:04 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 27K
State: California
Posts: 616
THOR #2544
On my 2015 Hurricane there are two breakers in the battery compartment. I think one of them has a little red paddle and the other is yellow but I don't remember for sure. I have tripped them when trying to get the coach level in a not so level site.



If your ginny won't start, are your batteries charged up? Is your engine running when using the levelers? My engine needs to be running with the emergency brake on.
__________________
This post is opinion based on experience.
2015 Hurricane 27K
2013 Sea Ray 220SD
brucev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 10:22 PM   #3
I Think We're Lost!
 
Bob Denman's Avatar
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
Posts: 22,089
THOR #8860
Get the Coach batteries on a charger overnight, and see if that makes a difference.
Good luck!
__________________
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 11:29 PM   #4
Site Team
 
16ACE27's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
Posts: 9,770
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
We just returned home from a trip. Parked Class A ace and levelers down. However, not balanced in driveway. We tried to retract levelers and they won't come up. Tried turning generator on to see if that would help as someone had suggested that on a forum. Well, generator won't come on either. I'm not sure where breaker is for leveler. Any suggesting would be most helpful.
I don't know what that means.

The generator and levelers hydraulic motor are both powered from the house batteries through a 100 Amp DC breaker in the house battery area.

So either that breaker is tripped, or your house batteries are dead.

Status of your USE/STORE switch?
Plugged into SP or not? Probably not since you tried to start the generator.

To operate the levelers the MH engine should be running and the parking brake set.
__________________
Ted & Melinda
2016 ACE 27.1
2016 Chevy Sonic Toad
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Alternate Toad
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 12:00 AM   #5
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
Posts: 34
THOR #9084
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
I don't know what that means.

The generator and levelers hydraulic motor are both powered from the house batteries through a 100 Amp DC breaker in the house battery area.

So either that breaker is tripped, or your house batteries are dead.

Status of your USE/STORE switch?
Plugged into SP or not? Probably not since you tried to start the generator.

To operate the levelers the MH engine should be running and the parking brake set.
What I meant is the coach isn't on a level ground. I'm so confused right now, but I think you are on the right track for me.

If the coach is plugged into s/p should my disconnect be on or off? We usually leave it on.

I really think it's a breaker but I can't seem to find it in the coach battery department. My husband literally parked the coach and put the levelers down and I told him he needed to move it over because it wasn't on level ground in our driveway. It would not retract.

I've tried troubleshooting all day. I'm really frustrated. I appreciate all the help.
__________________
Maxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 12:08 AM   #6
I Think We're Lost!
 
Bob Denman's Avatar
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
Posts: 22,089
THOR #8860
If you're plugged in to shore power: set the switch to "On".
__________________
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 12:13 AM   #7
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
Posts: 34
THOR #9084
Thank you Bob for clarifying that for me. That's what we've been doing. I'm going to look for the breaker again tomorrow!
__________________
Maxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 04:55 PM   #8
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
Posts: 34
THOR #9084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
Thank you Bob for clarifying that for me. That's what we've been doing. I'm going to look for the breaker again tomorrow!
Thank you so much for your help! I found the breakers and everything worked! You saved my sanity and my money!!! You are awesome!!
__________________
Maxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 01:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2