Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-27-2021, 04:06 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
With flooded batteries, the true deep cycle batteries will have about 50% more water over the cells and one inch more space below the bottom of the plates when compared to starting batteries. This is to allow for a greater water loss when the older batteries are recharged. All flooded battery loose a continually greater volume of water over their lifetime. The space under the batteries is to allow the dendrites formed on the plates to break-off and fall to the bottom of the battery without shorting-out the cell. If a flooded battery's cells loose more than 25cc (my guess) of water per cell a month the battery is nearing the end of its useful life.

Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 12:26 AM   #22

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8rcfan View Post
If you end up having to replace the batteries, check our Autozone. I recently replaced my batteries and regular batteries were about $100, while maintenance free batteries were $200. At Autozone, regular batteries were $92, and maintenance free batteries were $95
My coach batteries died last weekend, which sent me shopping. I chose Wall Mt because of their extensive store network. They are in towns that don't have an Auto Zoon or Oreelys. They didn't have maintenance free, but their flooded Group 27s cost $83 plus tax. Sadly, just a 1 year warranty.
Old 10-02-2021, 04:16 PM   #23

Model: Four Winds 31W
State: Texas
THOR #22781
My battery issues have been resolved to a certain extent. The batteries were less than a year old 2021 Thor 31w.

Verified battery was dead and the other not far behind per O'Riley's Auto Parts load tester.

Thor was responsive but pass the battery issues to the battery mfg. The battery mfg required significant prodding from Thor and the dealership.

Resolution battery mfg allowed $80 credit for each battery, with the MH still under warranty the batteries should have been replaced free.

The efforts by Marsha at RV Station Nacogdoches, Texas accomplished a conclusion to this issue. I didn't buy my MH from them but the customer service was as if I had bought from them.

The whole motivation was to wear down the customer and dealer to give up and in this case accept an unreasonable solution.

I paid $231.00 for the price difference and installation of the new batteries after credit from mfg, a win for the battery supplier.

I am disappointed Thor didn't step up to the plate passing this situation off to an unconcerned third party supplier.

My past warranty issues with Thor have been excellent thus my higher level of disappointment with this event.

Tags
generator, house batteries