Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-28-2017, 10:29 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Quantum RS26
State: Colorado
THOR #6996
Roof leak

2018 RS26. Picked it up new in April. Second time out got a roof leak. Took it to Transwest for repair. Said it was repaired, but had a rainstorm come through before I picked it up. Found leak not repaired as the interior was wet again. Left it to try again. Now both transwest and Thor are saying it's out of warranty. Still dont understand not standing behind your product. Anyone have the same problems. Any hints on fixing leaks. Guess I'll have to do it myself.

Old 11-28-2017, 10:45 PM   #2
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
New in April, and it's already out of warranty?
Did you http://www.thorforums.com/forums/att...511909220check your paperwork on this??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BS Meter.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	8009  
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 10:45 PM   #3

State: Alabama
THOR #9516
Out of warranty in 7 months?? I think not. I hope not. I don't have my warranty in front of me, but I'd sure question that real hard unless you put a million miles on it already.
Old 11-28-2017, 10:50 PM   #4

Model: Quantum RS26
State: Colorado
THOR #6996
Thor says the sealant on the roof is only warranties for 90 days. Customers problem after that. Service guy name of Rom from Thor said customers responsibility to check rook sealant periodically.
Old 11-28-2017, 10:53 PM   #5

State: Alabama
THOR #9516
I'd still check the printed warranty. 90 days is definitely not long enough, especially since it spends (mine) 6 weeks back at the dealer after the shake down.
Old 11-28-2017, 10:57 PM   #6
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
I agree: this is an ongoing problem, that was never adequately addressed the first time.
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 11:21 PM   #7
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Periodically as defined to RV roof inspections is generally an annual inspection. Are they saying their sealant is only good for 90 days?
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 12:27 AM   #8

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Apply self-leveling Dicor sealant. If you have an idea where the leak may be, clean and dry the area, apply Dicor liberally. Pay particular attention to any items like antenna, roof vents, skylights, and roof edge seams. Should fix your problem.
Old 11-29-2017, 12:27 AM   #9

Model: ACE 30.3 Sold
State: Arkansas
THOR #8012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
Apply self-leveling Dicor sealant. If you have an idea where the leak may be, clean and dry the area, apply Dicor liberally. Pay particular attention to any items like antenna, roof vents, skylights, and roof edge seams. Should fix your problem.
How often should this be done?
Old 11-29-2017, 12:30 AM   #10

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
Depends on where you live, when we were in Texas with the blazing hot sun, I usually checked the roof every couple of months. I only had to add caulk once in 1 1/2 years.
Old 11-29-2017, 12:33 AM   #11
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by https://rvshare.com/blog/ultimate-rv-roof-guide/
RV roof maintenance is important. Regardless of the type of RV roof that you have, and depending on how often and in what conditions you use your RV, you’ll need to apply RV roof caulk at least once a year to seal your RV roof.
One example type of RV roof caulking is the popular sealant Dicor, available at Amazon. At roughly $10 per tube, it’s an affordable RV roof repair option.
Annually
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 02:59 PM   #12

State: Michigan
THOR #7646
Dear Friend, I surprisingly got the similar problem with my THOR RS26, I got mine new in May this year (2017) got just 6K miles , with in couple of months (after first rain ) i saw wet patch in the window sill in the front bunker bed window which has the power shades, then after a months i saw a leak on the Left front inside of the bunker from the ceiling bead and took pictures and brought it to General RV in Mt Clemens in MI, they said they will check it out, they now call and saying the leaks are from pokes form tree branches and it will cost $7K for a new Roof !!!!!, i think its a scam, since I am the only driver and i know I did not drive under any branches and all roof mounted fixtures are clean. I think they doing it to avoid fixing a bad roof job in production,they are pushing me to work thru my Insurance but I want to ensure the root cause is legitimate, soo pissed off , thinking of trading in the unit after just 5 months , there has been no other major issue with the unit but a lot of minor quality quirks, and Thor has been fixing them up so far, but bad roof job that's a big red warning light on the build quality of the unit