Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 05-17-2021, 05:44 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Vegas 25.6
State: Montana
THOR #20220
i found this and will my lside looked at

https://www.motorhome.com/tech/diy/r...ce-simplified/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	a1.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	30590  

Retired H.S. Principal, National Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 06:15 PM   #22

THOR #20220
From Thor

Thank you for contacting Customer Care at Thor Motor Coach.

Thank you for sending in pictures of the slideout tracks. It is normal for the tracks on the slideout to create what we would call a wear pattern. You can have the coach checked out at a Thor authorized service center near you. However, if there is nothing wrong with the slideout you would have to pay out of pocket for the inspections.
Old 05-19-2021, 06:21 PM   #23

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
I would have your buddy Kurt look at it.........

I have a large full wall slide with the 3Trax system and the tracks are painted black. I see no wear on the paint at all and my slide has been used a bunch.
Old 05-19-2021, 07:39 PM   #24

THOR #20220
Will do
Old 05-22-2021, 09:56 PM   #25

Model: RC25
State: New Mexico
THOR #21090
Jimbo12,
How did you adjust the rollers?
Old 05-24-2021, 01:34 AM   #26

Model: Windsport 29m
State: North Carolina
THOR #9553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawise View Post
Is this a concern or normal wear?
I'm in the middle of HELL with my full slide out on a 2018 Thor Windsport 29m. The front motor came loose and popped up after breaking a couple of allen screws on the bottom of the motor that keeps it from spinning. It raises up and gets the gears out of alignment with the tracks. A mobile guy fixed it and it only worked for two days boondocking then broke a second time, both at the house thank God and he came back to get the slide out back in so I could drive it to Camping World. Now I'm hoping we can get the parts in a reasonable time frame. May have to cancel several trips if we go into June. They replace both sides when one side fails. I've been told these large slides are too heavy for just two motors??? They do good work at the Statesville Gander RV and they will make it right; but who knows when the parts will ship?? Have the place you got it from inspect it because it WILL FAIL with those wear marks.....their just like mine; Bob Trice
Old 05-24-2021, 01:38 AM   #27

THOR #9553
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklehead View Post
I'm in the middle of HELL with my full slide out on a 2018 Thor Windsport 29m. The front motor came loose and popped up after breaking a couple of allen screws on the bottom of the motor that keeps it from spinning. It raises up and gets the gears out of alignment with the tracks. A mobile guy fixed it and it only worked for two days boondocking then broke a second time, both at the house thank God and he came back to get the slide out back in so I could drive it to Camping World. Now I'm hoping we can get the parts in a reasonable time frame. May have to cancel several trips if we go into June. They replace both sides when one side fails. I've been told these large slides are too heavy for just two motors??? They do good work at the Statesville Gander RV and they will make it right; but who knows when the parts will ship?? Have the place you got it from inspect it because it WILL FAIL with those wear marks.....their just like mine; Bob Trice
I forgot to tell you to check the little roller wheels that are below the tracks on the inside. These little wheels keep the gear system in proper alignment I think is what I understand. Mine is broken at the hub. It's still in place but does not give any support and that is what started this whole mess. I'll bet yours is broke too!!!!!
Old 05-24-2021, 02:15 AM   #28

State: Texas
THOR #5206
Scuba wise from your description it sounds like the screw that keeps the motor down is not installed, not installed correctly or is too short. It is reached from the outside. After putting the motor in you installed the screw from the outside, it should go into one of the 4 openings in the side of the motor. If it does not the motor can work it’s way up till it will spin and not drive the slide in or out. Having the screw touch the side of the motor and not going into the hole is wrong and you will have a failure sooner or later.
Old 05-24-2021, 02:21 AM   #29

THOR #20220
Wow I promise to check with my rv tech guy
Old 05-24-2021, 10:57 AM   #30

Model: Fourwinds 24F
THOR #9511
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylojc View Post
Jimbo12,
How did you adjust the rollers?
With the slide open I pulled the bottom seal back to expose a roller. Mine have a 7/16 hex nut on them that I was able to get a socket on by using an extender. Post 6 shows one of my rollers and the hex nut is at the tip of my finger.

I snugged the roller up to the bottom of the slide then gave it a hefty 1/4 turn more. I did this to all the rollers and then ran the slide in and out, and rechecked to make sure they were still tight. My inside rollers did not need adjusting.
Old 05-24-2021, 11:10 AM   #31

Model: Fourwinds 24F
THOR #9511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawise View Post
Wow I promise to check with my rv tech guy
This is a good video on the complete system:

Old 05-24-2021, 02:23 PM   #32

THOR #9553
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastellman View Post
Scuba wise from your description it sounds like the screw that keeps the motor down is not installed, not installed correctly or is too short. It is reached from the outside. After putting the motor in you installed the screw from the outside, it should go into one of the 4 openings in the side of the motor. If it does not the motor can work itís way up till it will spin and not drive the slide in or out. Having the screw touch the side of the motor and not going into the hole is wrong and you will have a failure sooner or later.
You would be correct IF the wheel hub was not broken at the bottom gear rail and that allows the force of no support to push up. Of coarse the set screw is in. The tech actually used one a little bit longer but that screw is no match for the force the slide puts on the entire assembly with a broken hub on the roller wheel at the bottom gear rack. That's also how it sheared two of the four allen set screws on the bottom of the motor that sits in the coupling that connects to the drive shaft to all the gears. I also think that maybe the rollers under the slide that support the slide out may not be adjusted properly, but Gander RV will check all of that as well. Bottom line, these systems are not sturdy enough for this much weight I'm told and it's just a cost cutting measure that makes me hate Thor engineers!!!!
Old 05-24-2021, 02:25 PM   #33

THOR #9553
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklehead View Post
You would be correct IF the wheel hub was not broken at the bottom gear rail and that allows the force of no support to push up. Of coarse the set screw is in. The tech actually used one a little bit longer but that screw is no match for the force the slide puts on the entire assembly with a broken hub on the roller wheel at the bottom gear rack. That's also how it sheared two of the four allen set screws on the bottom of the motor that sits in the coupling that connects to the drive shaft to all the gears. I also think that maybe the rollers under the slide that support the slide out may not be adjusted properly, but Gander RV will check all of that as well. Bottom line, these systems are not sturdy enough for this much weight I'm told and it's just a cost cutting measure that makes me hate Thor engineers!!!!
It's the bearing that cracked in the V-Roller that failed. Just to give you the correct description!!