Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-24-2021, 02:14 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Traveler A30
State: Oklahoma
THOR #23072
Thor Freedom Traveler A30 Winterize?

Hi guys im wanting to save money and winterize our 2019 Thor Freedom Traveler A30 not sure where the drain plug is on the fresh water tank, im one of these folks that need the book winterizing for dummies, some pictures would be nice cant seem to locate the valves to turn off to bypass the hot water tank either...I am pretty sure they are under the sink cabinet....I have scoured you tube and cant seem to find information on our specific model...and most of them just walk you through so quick with out showing you exactly where stuff is or how to really hook it up like I said someone needs to make a step by step video ergo see this thingy here low point drain valve unscrew it and let the fresh water tank drain.....I know how to drain the hot water tank and if I find the bypass valves I am considering just turning on the water pump and then turning on all the water faucets inside and the out side shower and let them all drain till im getting air then adding the RV antifreeze through the fresh water tank and then pump it back through the lines....we dont use the fresh water tank to carry drinking water we usually just by bottled water and the fresh water tank is used on the road for flushing or washing hands or dishes....unless we are hooked up to shore water....any help, any thoughts, any pictures etc would be appreciated....Thanks Dave

Old 10-24-2021, 06:41 PM   #2

Model: ACE 29.3
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #20468
Is your fresh water tank under the bed? If it is the drain valve should be under the mattress access board. Use a flashlight to find the valve and turn the valve to drain the tank.

The water heater bypass valves should be under the kitchen sink behind wood panel with four screws to remove.

Also did you register your coach on Thor Motor Coach web site? You will find there all info about your coach including how to winterize it.
Old 10-24-2021, 08:33 PM   #3

Model: Freedom Traveler A30
State: Oklahoma
THOR #23072
thanks RBY.......at the end of the bed there is a door with hinges that will lift up, and you can see an orange handle on the top of the water tank, but I think that is to open the tank so you can add water to it from the outside, I did not see any other valve to pull up on to dump it, so maybe I need to un screw the rest of the top of the platform after I take off the matress and see if it is there......
Old 10-24-2021, 10:23 PM   #4

Model: ACE 29.3
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #20468
Look for a pipe at bottom of the tank. The valve could be hidden under wires and other electrical stuff. Should be a big valve with big handle.