Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2017, 01:16 AM   #18
Laco

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
House batteries seem always to have parasitic electrical draws, as said clocks, timers, sensors and??? Chassis batteries too, since the computer is never completely off, supporting things like security systems & sensors. I have a Chevy HHR, the manual states that maximum time the car can be parked without running or any charge and can reliably be started by its own battery is 28 days. I know for a fact that the Mercedes chassis the Gemini is built on, has a computer that although is very low drain, is always on, even with the ignition off. I am installing a scan gauge II in it, and have been told that the gauge backlight and display shuts off when it senses zero RPM, but there remains constant power to it through the OBD II port, and although the battery drain is very low, there remains some.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum