Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2018, 12:42 AM   #4
wayneroe

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3
State: Illinois
THOR #8503
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc View Post
The four likely possibilities:
  • The antenna booster is on (as Az Ernie said)
  • The selector switch in RV is not set to CABLE for that TV...
  • The signal source on the TV menu is not set to CABLE
  • The park(s) use a QAM system which some TVs are not compatible with and you were just lucky the first time...

The first 3 are cheap fixes... The fourth needs a converter box or new TV.
I've hit the first 3 of those 4 at various times...
One more possibility. I had almost the same issue and tried everything all the guys on this forum suggested, none worked. I purchased a coax tester and tested the coax inside the coach from the OTA amp wallplate to the external cable port (which was brand new and had worked once, just like yours). It tested "open". I took it into the dealer and the problem was; when they put the connector on the end of the coax, they didn't strip the coax far enough back and exposed wire was not long enough and had lost its connection to the back side of the outside cable port even though the connector was tightly connected and looked and felt good. They restripped the wire, put on a new connector with a longer exposed wire and it fixed my problem. The reason it worked once is that it probably was making a good connection until it got bounced around driving down the highways and byways. Might be worthwhile to check that, too - just use a coax tester and make sure the coax is still testing good. Good luck.
FMCA #F479085
Good Sam #848205704
wayneroe is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum