Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2015, 06:35 PM   #1
unw1red

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Arkansas
THOR #2017
New 2016 ACE 27.1 Owners

We picked up our unit on Friday and took it to a state park in Russellville, AR for the weekend to work out the needs/wants. Thunderstorms early Sunday was an experience for a first-timer. Overall we had a good experience. I had done my research to make sure I had everything I needed for the first trip. Did pretty good but discovered a handful of things during the trip.

A few minor issues that I am trying to rectify this week.

1. Windshield wiper fluid pump is not working
2. Hole in exhaust fan screen in bedroom
3. Screen door will not stay latched
4. A handful of nicks on the flooring
5. Found several screws on floor. Don't know where they go.
6. It is NOT satellite ready like I was told. It has three TV including outdoor and I have been unsuccessful in getting the dish recognized by the receiver.
7. Various rattles (tracked down several)

Taking it to Camping World where we bought it today to have technician take a look.

I am handling #6 with an RF modulator and running one receiver to all TVs (have to watch same channel, but easiest and cleanest setup). I will post pics after I am done.

I had to disconnect service in a downpour because of schedule. I have already bought a raincoat and Crocs to go do my dirty work.

The surge protector has already paid for itself during power outage in storm.

Water pressure regulator was not needed where we stayed. Not hardly enough pressure to dribble water out of shower head.

I need to get a step rug for the entry step. Tired of tracking gravel and dirt in during wet periods.

When the canopy is extended, there are a row of LED lights in cylinder. I did not know this and it was not pointed out in anything I read. Plenty of light at night to see well underneath.

Dumping black and grey tanks. A work in progress. Enough said.

Overhead bunk load limit is extremely low for practical use by my family. I am looking on how to increase this to 350-400lbs.

The radio unit in back bedroom has a weather alert radio. Didn't know until a Thunderstorm Warning was issued. Great feature and greatly appreciated. Even if we did discover at 5am.

Very tall commode. My short DW cannot touch the floor with her feet. The rest of us 6+ footers didn't notice.

Turn on refrigerator/freezer at least four hours in advance to cool down.

Make sure fresh water tank drain is closed. The knob is inside the bedroom under left wardrobe.

The inflate/deflate air mattress is nice and comfy.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum