Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 07:08 PM   #16
bonesy

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.3
State: Ontario
THOR #11005
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogshowrv View Post
My Outlaw is stored outside in the yard with No access to shore power. All winter, every few weeks I started up the generator with the heater on and ran the engine for 10 to 15 minutes to keep the coach & chassis batteries charged. This worked well even in zero outside temps. BUT...About three weeks ago the engine was a little slow to turn over which I chalked up to the weather. Today, the chassis battery is dead. The house batteries are at about 12 1/2 volts. SO that are holding their charge and they are still Okay. Any thoughts on what would have caused the chassis battery to go dead? Also, I have roadside assistance. What to do now? Thank you for your thoughts.
I recently had the same issue with my chassis battery. Started good for the longest time then finally gave up the ghost. Boosted it and it started, ran for 30+minutes, shut off for 10 or so then tried to start again and it did but by morning it was totally discharged again. It is a Ford chassis (2016) and apparently they have been having an issue with some of the batteries. Took back to Ford dealer and they replaced. (BY accessing thru front passenger wheel, which I made them aware of thanks to the FORUM). l'm curious if you're MH will start on its own the next day.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum