Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: 24.1 oil change
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2018, 12:48 PM   #7
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potvinsux View Post
Am I missing something? The dash needs to be cut to access the battery?

Is this normal among all small Class A's? The more I read, the more I'm getting put off from buying a rv. I totally understand thee are issues, and Thor isn't the only one, but if these issues and craftsmanship were on regular automobiles, those car companies would be going out of business.
No/yes: No you can access the battery through the front hood. There is an access panel (with a couple of cuts) in the dash to remove/replace the battery. This only applies to Axis/Vegas class A's and not F-53 based ones (and, likely, not any other manufacturer's vehicles either).

If I'm not mistaken, Thor corrected that on new models--someone with a newer model would have to verify that.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum