Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2018, 04:47 PM   #4
BSexton

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.2
State: Georgia
THOR #5927
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDS View Post
As many have noted for various reasons the seats on the Vegas are not very comfortable. I just upgraded mine to power seats and what a fantastic improvement. We have just finished a 5000 mile trip and its like night and day. Love them!

I purchased 2 new 5 1/2 inch height pedestals (one in coach is a 10 inch) plus two 6 way power seat assemblies from "Factory RV Surplus" in Elkhart, IN. Total cost $605.62. Shipping not included but sales tax was since I picked them up. I paid $400 to have them installed (4 hours labor ) Not an especially hard job but it takes 2 people and nothing I wanted to tackle while on the road!

Using the 5 1/2 pedestals now has me about 1.5 inches lower than factory at the lowest setting plus about 1 inch higher at the highest setting. I now have up/down, front/back, and tilt adjustments. plus swivel.

The Vegas pedestals have a 7 inch bolt pattern and the pedestals from RV Surplus matched that. No additional drilling in floor required.

Factory Rv surplus number is 574.262.3327 Their web site is
factoryrvsurplus.com

I’ve been considering this also. What did your installer do about power? That is the only real issue that I can see with installing these.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum