Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2018, 10:56 PM   #5
bharrisv65

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37YT
State: Tennessee
THOR #10421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfryman View Post
Your alarm was set too low. For my coach which I run at 82 PSI cold I set the high alarm at 100 which usually never gets exceeded.
Thanks for sharing that input. Based off simple math, your tires go up less than 18 PSI, mine go up 20+ PSI. I originally set the high limits at an arbitrary +10 PSI as a starting point. I increased that to +15 PSI as they heated up while driving but I became a little concerned when the PSI's all went above 120 PSI, highest was about 121 PSI. I checked all tires before leaving - with a gauge which read 100 PSI and the Tire Patrol reading 102 PSI, so based off that, the tires went up over or around 20 :SI. This may be okay and really, I'm not too concerned about it because I was driving normal on good roads and tires with only 7,000 miles on them. I just wanted to ask if anyone else has experienced this just as a little additional comfort that it's normal.

Regarding the sun shining on the wheels, I bought tire covers which should be good to keep that "magnifying glass effect" from happening.

Thanks for replying Tfry, safe travels!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum