Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2015, 06:17 PM   #9
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacher View Post
I have had both types, with a mattress and the inflatable.

I prefer the inflatable type.

Even on the best mattress type, there is that one spot where the bar crosses, even though you might not feel it when sleeping, it's there when you knee bashes into it! I have never had a problem with the inflatable type. Using sheets or a sleeping bag, it's very easy to inflate to the proper comfort level, and no cross bars to bash into or feel during sleep.

Yeah, i suppose it depends on need and purpose....
I wasn't writing from the perspective of sleeping.
More like ease of converting back and forth.

To date, we haven't ever even inflated the mattress. It's one of those things I kept meaning to do before warranty ran out, but never got around to.
On my last trip, I discovered that the power cord has been pinched by the sfao hinge mechanism, so danger and a fire hazard that I need to fix.

& I just hate the idea of having to fold up the air mattress to get it to fit nicely again....

Currently we have a kid sleep there occasionally, but with it in sofa mode.
and when we need to tilt the back forward because something fell behind, it's always wonky....

So by my figuring the jack knife would be better in that it's easier to fold out into a bed and would therefore be better for a kid who could just as well sleep on a concrete floor....

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum