Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 04:53 PM   #9
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
if you're getting a 'low voltage' message, or any message, then you have no problem with a fuse or power to the panel, but you have low voltage from your House batteries, which are what is used to drive the hydraulics for the leveling system. The system will generally give this fault if the Volts are too low, maybe 12.2 or lower, because it may not have enough power to 'extend' the leg, especially once the coach's weight is applied. When you are extracting the legs, though, it is only pulling them up, though the system doesn't know or care about the difference, it is just sensing the battery voltage.

If you don't like the 'low voltage' message, then you have to make sure your house batteries are full charged, or close to it, before you turn on the Leveling panel. If you are plugged into shore power, make sure that it's charging the House batteries(make sure that you charger is on). I get this 'low voltage' message fairly often, but don't pay it much attention, as when I go into 'Manual' mode, I can press any of the arrow buttons and they work the hydraulics levelers anyway. The message usually goes away after a minute or two of running the coach, also, as it usually provides charging to the House batteries, as well.

If the panel does not give any errors, but the legs will not move, then you have an issue with power to the Hydraulic system, which could be the 'buss fuse' in the battery bay has tripped. Happened to us before.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum