Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Quantum Owners
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2018, 07:27 PM   #45
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
While it certainly should not fall on you to do the repairs I strongly recommend you fix as many things on your punch list as you feel qualified to do. Not only will you save time you will know the repairs are done properly and you will learn a lot about your machine. If you give a dealer a long list your coach may go to the back of the line so he can move several customers through in the time he’d spend on just you. And who wants to leave the coach at the dealer for weeks or months during the summer. Use it and fix things as you go. Once all the little assembly issues are resolved you might find years of good service. If not putting the stove igniter battery in causes you to lose all confidence in your dealer I’m afraid you may be in for a rocky relationship with them! Good luck
I completely agree. I have had both a Vegas and an Axis and I fixed dozens of issues on the two including rewireing the charging system on the Axis. I had one of the early Vegas’ off the line when they were turning them out as fast as they could. I only took back to the dealer for issues that needed parts from Thor or something that I could not fix or an issue that I thought might continue on past the warrantee. The dealers were much happier to just fix a few issues and I never left my RV more than two days and I always made a reservation long in advance and sat and waited for it. Even then, they managed to screw up several easy fixes that needed parts. I bought my RV to use it, not to have it sit in a dealer’s lot. I have been lucky to be able to do that. And when things went wrong out in the middle of Alaska, I was able to fix or jury rig things and continue the trip. Fix it if you can. And there are lots of great people on this forum who can give you advice on how to do it. If you have a problem, someone has probably had it before.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum