Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2018, 01:31 PM   #1
Aseymour

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Tennessee
THOR #10915
Extenders or Valves Going Nuts

Ok someone give me a sanity check on the topic of the solid metal valve extenders on the dually tires. I have metal valve stems and have the solid metal extenders installed on them. The long ones for the inside dually tires are especially problematic. They do indeed slowly lose air. Every week I’m having to add like 3 pounds of air or so and I check them under similar temperature conditions so I’m getting apples to apples comparison. One of them loosened up enough that it was leaking quite a bit and I had a mobile service to come to the house and it turned out the actual valve stem had loosed up inside the wheel a bit no doubt due to the use of the extenders. It drives me crazy, before I go to work in the morning I’m checking the TPMS to see how they are and first thing when I get home doing the same. I almost dread looking at the results and I’m really sick of this worry and this daily game. I have no confidence in my tire situation as it stands now I worry the whole time we are driving even to a close by campground. Finally after reading lots of threads and doing some research it occurred to me why am I messing with extenders? I realized I could get actual long valve stems and have them installed so no more extenders… real actual long valve stems installed in the wheels. I ordered the kit online and have a tire shop lined up to install them. Am I going down the right path does that make sense? Just seems to me having actual long valves will eliminate the issue with extenders screwed on to valve steams. Thoughts?

Thanks
Andy

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum