Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 03:47 PM   #12
petew

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #5374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlleml View Post
New 2018 Windsport 29m. Drives straight but steering wheel is cocked slightly as though making a slight right turn. Tires are inflated properly. Mentioned it to dealer at test drive but forgot to verify at pick up- dumb. Before I go back to them trying to learn more. Simple to adjust? Big deal? Thoughts?
Thanks.
On the Ford F53 chassis centering the steering wheel has to be done from underneath.
It is not a bad job but requires some basic hand tools and climbing under the rig to access the top of the steering box.
Basically it involves loosening the steering shaft joint pinch bolt at the top of the steering box , lifting the joint off of the splined shaft , "clocking" it to achieve a straight ahead steering wheel and reattaching it.
Even after a proper alignment many shops do not complete this step (mine didn't ) resulting in an off center wheel.
This is discussed in Ford TSB 98-21-20 . It's an older technical service bulletin but the process was the same for my 2018 F53 .
I no longer own the Vegas pictured in my avatar it has been replaced by a 2018 Winnebago Vista 27pe. The Winnebago required the adjustment.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum