Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2015, 10:39 PM   #19
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance
While I agree the smaller Axis/Vegas is probably ideal to learn on, and that the risk of damage would likely be less than if driving a big bus, I wouldn't want anyone learning or practicing on mine.
Actually I was referring to Thor's advertising for the Axis/Vegas units. They call it an "RUV" (Recreational Utility Vehicle)--like a tricked out conversion van.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis Website
If you're looking for the perfect way to transport your kids back and forth to weekend soccer tournaments or cheerleading competitions or searching for the best way to make a trip down south, the Axis RUV is the ticket!
This is where I think it gets a little fuzzy: The thought is that the Vegas/Axis units are more like a "tricked out conversion van" instead of "big motorhome". Borrowing it would be as simple as borrowing someone's van (although I would disagree since it is a fully functional RV).

The funny thing is, this is exactly why we picked up the Axis: Taking the son to baseball tournaments, trips down south, and camping.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum