Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2018, 03:29 AM   #38
Long & Winding road

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
I thought about this the other day when I saw a Hurricane at CW. The Axis and Vegas have to be the WORST class A RV to cool (at least in the Thor lineup).

That front window is not only huge it curves up to the sky allowing more sun and heat in at more hours per a day than the realatively flat windshield of the Hurricane.

PLUS we have TWICE the size SIDE window length in the cockpit since we have to sit further back with the design of our RV and seat placement. In the Hurricane you sit further up (about a foot or 2? Somebody get a tape measure out - lol) so it has a foot (or two) less side window lenght in cockpit than mine.

But that gives the Hurricane a foot or two more living space instead of the massive front dash of the Axis or Vegas. (But the Hurricane has a larger dog house since the engine intrudes more in living space).

Just something to think about.

Single pane glass has a terrable R value and we have more of it in a Axis / Vegas.

Just something to think about

So all of you guys with Hurricane / Windsport / Challenger etc with your fancy "Two units" need to do these modes and post your temps with your single digits results. LOL.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum