Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2018, 11:40 PM   #89
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Had the RV home today and had a few minutes so I figured I'd pull apart the A/C shroud on the inside:
Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-07-20 16.30.17.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	11620
What you see here is that the divider between the intake and output is firmly in place, its pretty well sealed up through the roof, and the freeze probe is dead center of the condenser (this is what it says on our datasheet re the A/C: A/C, ROOF, 13.5M BTU, MACH 3, BLACK--I gather I have a Mach 3 13,500 BTU A/C). We have a very early Axis so my guess is that Thor was building them more carefully at first...

Sadly I only have the fancy laser temp gun so I can't measure the air temperature (I'll have to rectify that when I can).

Since I had a roll of duct tape handy I thoroughly taped around the edges of the divider since it only had some foam to seal there. I also removed the freeze probe and taped it to the A/C supply line (so its just hanging in the air stream):
Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-07-20 16.42.53.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	11621

Didn't have a glass of ice water handy to try that trick but I did hold the probe in my hand to warm it up but after a few minutes I really didn't notice any temperature difference (kind of hard without a thermometer and I likely didn't wait long enough).

We're camping this weekend, sort of, but I don't know if I'll have enough power to run the A/C (a family member is having a BBQ and invited those of us with RV's to stay at their house--they have a few acre's).

So that is my very very very unscientific experiment LOL (yeah I can do better...).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum