Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2015, 12:00 AM   #1
Pat and Renee

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Ohio
THOR #1607
Towing upgrades suggestions

Hi

We have been trying to camp and have been flooded out AGAIN and its time to hit the road.

We are leaving this weekend from Toledo Ohio area for Lake Kentucky which is about 450 miles

Our 2016 Vegas 25.1 has just over 1000 miles on it and has been great with no issue except a little loose steering at mid speeds only. We are having the wheel allingment done in which that should help out.

Question 1
What other upgrades would you consider to improve ride/handeling

Question 2
We are going to tow a 3500lb boat and this is where I want to make sure I'm prepared.
Not sure if the engine has a tranmission cooler or not and if so I need to get a gage installed to keep a eye on it.
With towing a 22ft boat is there something else I should consider. Air bags in rear?

Was told the engine and RV both are fine but salemen tell you what is needed to get the deal.

Thanks for any input you could provide to help me arrive safe and enjoy the drive

Will post once we hit the road on how it travels with the boat

Patrick and Renee

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum