Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Roof leak
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2018, 10:54 AM   #14
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
So I am brand new to the forum about to be brand new to a new 2018 Thor Outlaw 29H.

I pick it up tomorrow and have been doing a ton of research on what to look for during my PDI.

I have just about made myself sick finding out about all of the issues people have with an $80K plus investment. Now I'm going through buyers remorse a little and don't even own it yet.

I've now got a laundry list of things to check and think I could be easily spend 3 or 4 hours going over it before giving them the check.

Water leaks are a big one and I found this video of an Outlaw Class C with a cab over water leak. The guy posted other videos where they replaced a window and rebuilt the wood in the cab over area but the leak continued. He posted this video showing what he found.

By the time he found it the warranty was over but apparently he documented the problem it well enough with the dealer and Thor is supposed to fix it out of warranty.

I'm good at fixing things and don't mind minor to moderate issues but I prefer not to have to deal with major stuff.... especially water leaks.

What surprised me is that I read another post on here that said Thor only gives you 90 Days for dealing with "sealants, trim and adjustments." People say most dealers don't mention it but if you call Thor Customer Service that is what they tell you.

I'd call the dealer and Thor and get it documented at both places now since the 90-day clock is ticking for you.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum