Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2018, 10:37 PM   #41
Dilley-Dilley

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #12091
RV Driving Critique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaktop View Post
Can you imagine if no one ever passed on the right on a three lane highway? It would be a horror show. How many people trudge along in the center lane? How many get on the highway and for no reason whats so ever go for the middle.

Its basic SAFE driving if your doing the speed limit. Versus crossing two lanes or tailgating while the right lane is wide open.

Who suggested to never pass on the right? Not me. Like I said before... If the left and middle lanes are moving slower then the speed limit or flow of traffic in the right lane, then by all means
passing on the right is warranted. It happens all the time. In the case I’m stating the left and middle lanes were moving at or above the 65 mph limit. I wasn’t poking along below the speed limit in the middle lane. I chose to drive at the speed limit, maybe a little over the limit in the middle lane that I knew would soon become the right lane in a couple miles. This same 3 lanes to 2 lanes and back to 3 lanes happens a lot on this section of highway. Instead of constantly making lane changes and merging it just makes it easier to drive in more of a straight line. If I was towing or driving slower than the flow of traffic then I’d just move over to the right. As you similarly stated before... as long as you’re driving the speed limit or less then it’s perfectly fine to pass on the right if you’re in that lane anyway. That is not what this scenario was. The passing me on the right at 70+ MPH just got my attention initially. Then since the Motorhome was in front of me and in view I was able to observe the driving for the next several miles. I might drive like that in a car but not in a 30’+ Motorhome. It worked out for them this time and fortunately there wasn’t an accident an nobody was hurt. I guess this post hits too familiar to some and hits close to home. Shame on me for bring this up in this forum.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum